PDA

View Full Version : Thrifty Car Rental - LAX

JosieGirl71
01-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Not sure if this belongs here but was wondering if anyone has rented from Thrifty at LAX before. Is this place OK? Any other suggestions?

awinner
01-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Thrifty is fine but this place (http://www.enterprise.com) is better!!!!!;)

masilly1
01-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Our family is trying Thrifty for our upcoming Disney trip too.
I couldn't pass up the price.
I didn't even go through a discount place
I got a full size car for a week for $135.00

I looked into EVERY car rental company as well as places like Orbitz, Hotwire and PriceLine and COULD NOT get a better price

:D :D :D

only1mouse
01-10-2004, 02:16 PM
I've rented from Thrify - yes their rates are low but... I would NEVER rent from them again. We flew in late (11pm) and stood outside 50 minutes waiting for the shuttle bus, after two calls and watching all the other rental car company shuttle buses pass us at least 3 times a piece we decided the few extra dollars it saved was not worth that.

Now it may be different during the day and I've rented from Thrifty at Burbank many times, but will not at LAX anymore.

Good Luck! Hope your experience is better than mine

Princess-Duchess
01-18-2004, 04:15 PM
We rented from http://www.foxrentacar.com out of LAX last October. They picked us up at the purple? shuttle area within 15 mins. They have a coupon area on the website. We used the Birthday 10% off one. Drop off was just as easy!

If you come in after 11 pm you just call at the phones near baggage pick up, and they'll come get you.

I just checked their weekly rate, $89.00 for economy, $189.00 for a PT Cruiser! Don't forget to check the coupons! Also rates might be different depending on the week you'll be there.

Good Luck! PDuchess

Jeff the Disney Fan
01-18-2004, 05:26 PM
I travel quite a bit but wanted to "save" some money by using Thrify car rental. We had an agreement for a mini van for a set price. Let me tell you it was one of the biggest nightmares I've ever had. After we got there they informed us that if we had over 2 pieces of luggage(5 of us traveling)that we would have to get the larget minivan. Without telling us they booked us with this other minivan. I then asked if there was a price difference and the guy looked and me and said, "well yeah...it's an additional $23.00 per day." That set me off. I had already agreed to a full week at $215.00 and now I would have to almost double that price.

After 2 hours of haggeling with the manager they finally let us "have" the minivan for an additional $6.00 per day. When i asked to see both minivans they told me that they were currently out of the smaller one. I was lied to countless times at the counter.

Word to the wise...go elsewhere. My folks used Budget with the same deal and got what they wanted. Thirfty is to be avoided.

Hope this helps.