PDA

View Full Version : New Parade & Stage Shows...

GoldenEars
10-01-2001, 09:35 PM
Now that I have your attention, can you tell me whether or not Disneyland plans on having an all new parade and/or stage show for their 50th Anniversary??? And I don't mean a crappy parade like the *Parade of the Stars*, let's get real this time!! I think a HUGE parade (much like Party Gras in 1990) would be perfect. And a whole new updated *Disneyland Is Your Land* stage show for the Fantasyland Theatre. By the way, does anyone else know of that classic stage show they did at the Space Stage in Tomorrowland during the Park's 25th and 30th Anniversary??? Or perhaps I'm just really dating myself right now, LOL!! Come on, let's bring back some Disney tradition and do it right this time!

Speaking of stage shows...is it true that *Animazement* and the ever so popular (LOL) *Steps In Time* will be axed soon? And new stage shows put in their place???

Please advise and thanks!!

Patrick:p

mrfantasmic
10-02-2001, 06:42 PM
I know info about the attractions that they are planning to rededicate...
But DOES anyone know?

bandboy1985
10-13-2001, 07:39 PM
ok- enough about party gras! yes, it was fabulous and fun to be a part of and it was spectacularly over the top, but they won't to a re-do of that because they've already axed off "latin" from their special event theme list forever cuz they did it so well and so huge in 1990. so let's not even go there anymore.

let's think about other themes that could be huge out of themselves, like 1930's production number musicals- top hats, sequin tails and tap shoes, etc. celluloid rolls and silver confetti out of the rooftop guns. movie-premiere tableaux floats and theatres featuring disney movies for rolling floats. smaller floats structured like the fantastical staircases and balconies of the busby berkeley dream sequences. stuff like that.

just my dep idea. (disn. ent. prods.- fyi)
ideas? criticism? construction?

Nigel2
10-13-2001, 10:08 PM
Speaking of the silver confetii I wonder what they did with the remaining confetti from Light Magic, or did they just use it all up in mass amounts when they knew it was going.

Morrigoon
10-13-2001, 10:21 PM
Nah, if they go with an "era" theme, it'll be Fabulous 50's. Think about it - park's 50 years old, opened in the 50s, etc.