PDA

View Full Version : While painting Alice...

merlinjones
10-01-2001, 03:00 PM
While they are painting the Alice show building, I do hope someone has noticed that the characters inside the book (Mad Hatter, March Hare) have drifted horribly off-model in various repaintings. The Hatter's nose was in jeopardy of devouring his entire face. These desperately need to be redrawn and painted from scratch (by an animator) rather than traced over yet again.

Also, I never did like the book cover sign as designed for New Fantasyland of 82. It's cheesy and not a great drawing. The original book cover sign (like the ride poster) was far more attractive - - brilliant really. I wish they would change it back.

Also the chinese lanterns over the Tea Party are hopelessly faded. Hope they get a boost too.

Napsto
10-01-2001, 03:32 PM
all you can do is hope..

Cadaverous Pallor
10-01-2001, 04:41 PM
I think, if they're tearing up the teacups themselves, they're probably going to fix up the lanterns/book. As for a new design on the book, well, Napsto's right on that. :)

Ace
10-01-2001, 07:45 PM
don't you guys think that Alice is the best dark ride there? I do.....I mean dark rides like on a track going forward, not able to spin the car.......Mansion blows all dark rides, ever, away on that one......I can't wait to see what they're doing for halloween......and that opens in 2 days, doesn't it? I guess I'll have to stay off the internet until I can get out there cause It'd better be a surprise.......

Disney Fan Matt
10-01-2001, 08:26 PM
I agree that Alice is the best fantasyland dark ride.
It is significantly longer than the others as well!

By the way, Disney has done a nice job of keeping all of their Nightmare stuff a surprise for us. I have not seen anything or even heard regarding the inside the mansion...

merlinjones
10-01-2001, 09:19 PM
>>Don't you guys think that Alice is the best dark ride there? <<

Absolutely. My very favorite (followed by Peter Pan). It also looks the most like the film styling by far.

beanpole
10-01-2001, 11:52 PM
I agree completely! Everything about that ride is amazing, although it is a notoriously slow loader! Nevertheless, the happy steam organ music that plays continually in the area always puts a smile on my face, even when I'm standing in line for what seems like hours.

It's a Disney masterpiece.

mad4mky
10-02-2001, 07:58 AM
This ride is one of the best dark rides at DL. It is two of my children's favorite...(Peter Pan still being mine and my other's child's). My kids were so disappointed that WDW didn't have it when we went back in 2000. (and they enjoy DL better than MK). One time when we went on the ride, a worker left a can of spray paint or cleaner in the section where you go down into the swirl (before the explosion)on the floor right in front...ruined the effect big time...it brought reality back into the ride. Ick.

But, I remember being a kid...way back when...when riding in the caterpillars was too cool. And going down the leaves outside of the building. Great imagineering done here. Walt should be proud.:)

Cadaverous Pallor
10-02-2001, 12:14 PM
I agree, Alice is the best. If I had to rank the Fantasyland dark rides:

Alice
Peter Pan
Mr. Toad's
Pinocchio
And last and most definitely least,
Snow White "Taste the apple!" "Shut up already!!!"

I think the reason that Alice has such a huge line is simply because it's the best. The loading system seems to work the same as the others.