PDA

View Full Version : Romance Tips!

DivaPrincess
01-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Hey all - my husband and I are planning a trip to DLR the first week of March for a 2-3 nights. It's our 5th anniversary. We are really good at having fun together, but I'd really love to do something very romantic - you know, lovey dovey and everything. We spent a whole week in Laughlin together last year and I was really sad when we got home that we just didn't take an hour for a romantic dinner or something, so I want to plan something really special for us. Any suggestions????

01-08-2004, 01:15 PM
A stroll into the Sparkly Store sounds romantic to me.

Morrigoon
01-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Fantasmic! balcony.

Disneyphile
01-08-2004, 01:24 PM
My dream DL date (not-so-realistic pricey version, although I'd be more than willing to pay for most of it):

-Breakfast at the Carnation Cafe
-Riding on some snuggle-accessible attractions: Matterhorn, Peter Pan, HM, etc.
-Tossing coins and stealing a few kisses at Snow White's Wishing Well
-Dinner at Blue Bayou
-Fantasmic! balcony dessert
-watching Believe
-stealing a kiss or two and just spending some time gazing into each other's eyes near the castle at night (on one of the little side areas)
-sitting in front of the fireplace at the Grand Californian
-retiring to the room and a glass of champagne with strawberries
-waking up in each other's arms
-having a room service breakfast on the balcony while watching the sunrise over Grizzly Peak

:D

iwannabeanimagineer
01-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Well, my idea of a romantic trip to Disneyland would be staying in the hotel room all day, but that's just me.:D

sediment
01-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Adventures thru Inner Space. Great make-out ride.

Morrigoon
01-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Few years late on that one, sediment. BTW, the Peoplemover and the Skyway are gone too. :~D

adriennek
01-08-2004, 03:46 PM
If you want one nice romantic dinner, I would be sure to make plans to go to Napa Rose, myself.

Share some asparagus skewers at Bengel BBQ.

Oh, some beignets at the walk-up cafe at Ralph Brennans (personally, I wouldn't eat a meal there, but beignets and cafe au lait are very romantic to me- probably because our last romantic trip was to NOLA.) If not beignets, get some hot cocoa or something hot and cozy to sip some night. That sounds romantic...

I can't imagine 2-3 nights away with my husband being anything BUT romantic. Absolutely dreamy... I get two nights in February but it's a convention so I'm debating begging a certain grandmother to babysit for another night or two before this baby is born, because one that happens, there's no way I'm getting any nights away for at least a year!

Adrienne

Niwel
01-08-2004, 04:13 PM
I went with my guy in December -- wasn't as romantic as I'd like since I made him get up really early to implement the "Shana Plan" at the resort (so I think his head was gone by 3). But we did do some sweet things:
-Peter Pan
-Blue Bayou
-Train at Night
-Matterhorn
-Fireworks
-Angel Court in New Orleans Square

-- and I got a great picture of him napping in the lobby of the Grand Californian :)

sediment
01-08-2004, 04:24 PM
I was channeling another thread, goony. A running gag, in a way.

innerSpaceman
01-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Snuggle time, during the day - lower level of the Hungry Bear Restaurant - - all the way, way, way in the back, far back as you can possibly go. One of the most remote and charming and romantic spots in the Magic Kingdom. The river, the ducks, a passing ship or two, and your truelove.

Paradise.

cemeinke
01-08-2004, 05:01 PM
If you're staying at one of the Disney hotels, request the special turndown service and make sure you don't stay out to late so you can appreciate it.

Morrigoon
01-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Sediment: relax sweetie, I knew it was a joke and responded in kind :D

sediment
01-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Only posters I respect get nicknames, goony.

kijay
01-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Would agree wholeheartedly about the Fantasmic balcony. What an experience. Recommend it. :D