PDA

View Full Version : TownePlace Suites? Embassy Buena Park?

Brian Noble
01-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Anyone been to either property? Comments on them? I'm particularly interested in hearing about shuttle service, and the families-with-small-kids perspective.

spectromen
01-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Towne Place Suites is on Katella & State College, and is very new. My friend works at the front desk. It's a toned-down lower priced version of the Residence Inn. It doesn't have shuttle service but since it is on Katella, you can take the OCTA bus directly to Disneyland for $1 each way or $3 for an all day pass. Another plus is it's walking distance from the Anaheim Amtrak station in case you are interested in using the train.

Embassy in Buena Park is older but still nice, but you wouldn't want to take a city bus to DL from there, and I don't know if the hotel itself offers a Disney shuttle. It's within walking distance to Knott's, though.

Brian Noble
01-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by spectromen
Towne Place Suites ...It doesn't have shuttle service

Really? I could have sworn I called them and they said they had one, but perhaps I was totally goofed. I'm thinking about too many options, I'm afraid. The total lack of a shuttle might be a deal-breaker...

(Edit: though now that I look at the OCTA schedule, there appears to be a bus every 20-30 minutes: rt 50)

siamese1975
01-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Hi there.....I have reservations at the Embassy Suites Buena Park, and they do have a free Disneyland shuttle. They also offer a cooked to order breakfast, nightly reception, and free parking too! I think this hotel will be nice because it is al little out of the way of the Disneyland crowds, and there are some great restaurants and shopping nearby as well. Hope this helps

kim:cool:

MouseWife
01-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by siamese1975
Hi there.....I have reservations at the Embassy Suites Buena Park, and they do have a free Disneyland shuttle. They also offer a cooked to order breakfast, nightly reception, and free parking too! I think this hotel will be nice because it is al little out of the way of the Disneyland crowds, and there are some great restaurants and shopping nearby as well. Hope this helps

kim:cool:

Are you sure? I thought when I checked with them they didn't. BUT maybe I'm thinking that ES Garden Grove didn't have a shuttle to Knott's.......

Yes, the ES BP is older but quite comfy. They have modified the rooms to be like the newer rooms. I love the style of it, myself. You are very close to Knott's but I would still use their shuttle van.

There is also the Ripley's Believe it or Not and a Wax museum across the street. But, be careful as the traffic right there is very fast and not very nice. There is also a Black Angus down to the right {exiting}. Oh, and a Medeival Times. And, some western place, I forget what it is called.

Have fun and enjoy your stay! I have always loved the BP ES.

jslivinski
01-23-2004, 03:46 PM
I have not stayed at either of these places, but on our last visit I did stop by the TownePlace and take a tour of the rooms and grounds. This is a relatively new place consisting of two four-story buildings, main building next to pool (bbq & hot tub) and 2nd building the two building are in an L shape with the driveway between the two and lots of parking. Everything was clean and in good shape, corridors are inside, the entrance to the 2nd building was rather blaugh (white walls, elevator and stairs), but the hallways we're very nice.

I looked at the 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom suites, the studio is to small for our needs. Both are on the small side, but are clean and have all the comforts of home. One of them had the sink area separate from the toilet/bath, but I don't recall which one.

Sharing the parking lot is a Carls, Jr., Starbucks, Baskin-Robbins, Panda Express & a pasta place. Accross the streets are a McDonalds and an El Torrito.

I recall that they do have a shuttle and recall pointing out a bus at Disneyland with El Torrito on the side.

Suggestion: Make your reservation early. I tried scheduling for the end of March at the beginning of the month and the rooms I wanted were already booked.

If you haven't already check out their website and take the online tour of the rooms.

TownePlace Suites (http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage.mi?marshaCode=SNATS)

Brian Noble
01-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Thanks, Julie. We ended up booking the Residence Inn in Garden Grove. These two properties both have longish breaks in their shuttle service mid-day, which is exactly when we need the shuttle (to go back to the hotel and nap). The RI will cost a bit more on the membership rewards points front, but I think we'll enjoy it more.

jslivinski
01-26-2004, 12:55 PM
From the outside (and website) the Residence Inn - Garden Grove looks really nice place. I think you'll be very happy there.