PDA

View Full Version : 500 millionth visitor to Disneyland

SteveK
01-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Anyone else see this on the local LA news today? Today (supposedly this morning), Disneyland will select it's 500 millionth visitor. Supposedly the winner and their family will get free lunch and dinner in the park and a free personal park tour...yipee. How about a Free lifetime pass for 4 or something more meaningful? 500 million is a big milestone. And yes, I do understand that the person they select isn't actually the 500 millionth person but more a symbol...but a lifetime pass for 4 is really just a drop in the financial ocean that is Disney.
-Steve

Phydeaou
01-08-2004, 09:55 AM
I remember walking down a hallway backstage where there were pictures of people at some other milestones. As memory serves, they got parades and lifetime passes and all sorts of honors.
4 lifetime passes (aren't they called golden passports or something?) are a drop in the bucket, and the PR would be great.

Dlandmom
01-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Darn! Wish I could've gone there this morning to give it a shot!

Cadaverous Pallor
01-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Dlandmom
Darn! Wish I could've gone there this morning to give it a shot! Heh, totally.

Although I'm sure they wouldn't have picked an APer. :rolleyes:

Dlandmom
01-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Heh, totally.

Although I'm sure they wouldn't have picked an APer. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's true.

Moot point, though, since neither of us apparently went!

Has anyone heard yet if someone was picked?

cstephens
01-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Dlandmom
Has anyone heard yet if someone was picked?

Yep (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23974).

Sophie832
01-08-2004, 08:26 PM
This thread explains the story I caught the end of on the ABC news today...all I saw was the ceremony, and that some people from Australia were getting a lifetime pass, and then the dad said he never knew when he'd get the chance to use it.

So, now the mystery is solved for moi. :fez:

Wizard69
01-09-2004, 07:27 AM
You are correct, they were from Australia. They get lifetime passes and a replica of the train station sign (I was working and watched the whole thing). They entered the turnstile at 10:15am which was 15 minutes after they predicted they would enter. They had 1 line going into the turnstile and the line stretched from the gate, running just about into the DCA entrance line, towards the DTD information booth and just about to the right side tram stops.

When the guest entered, the band played, they walked through the left tunnel and up to the train station where they had a ceremony in front of the population sign which they changed from 496,000,000 to 500,000,000.

kwlundy
01-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by SteveK
Anyone else see this on the local LA news today? Today (supposedly this morning), Disneyland will select it's 500 millionth visitor. Supposedly the winner and their family will get free lunch and dinner in the park and a free personal park tour...yipee. How about a Free lifetime pass for 4 or something more meaningful? 500 million is a big milestone. And yes, I do understand that the person they select isn't actually the 500 millionth person but more a symbol...but a lifetime pass for 4 is really just a drop in the financial ocean that is Disney.
-Steve

Don't be so quick to criticize Disney for everything they seem to do "wrong". They did give them free lifetime passes.