PDA

View Full Version : DLH rooms?

scanmom
01-08-2004, 06:07 AM
I have 2 rooms booked at DLH at an AP rate of $99.00/nite/room! Anyway, do all the rooms have a sofa/daybed? and which tower should I request? I am sure these are std. view rooms, and that is fine with me, but I have never stayed here and am not sure of where is the best area to be. we will not have small kids with us (the youngest is 10, and he is really big for his age--can walk as far as an adult!). Also, does anyone know if it is possible to add concierge services at check in? I may try to do this if I save up enough $$. TIA!!!:cool:

tjrj
01-08-2004, 06:45 AM
We have fans of all three towers here on MP. So I'm sure you will hear pluses for all three. My personal favorite is Bonita. Bit more removed and quieter. Rooms are very large with lots of storage and light. I've stayed in both 2 queen rooms and a king room and they've always had a day bed. Though if you go with concierge I think those services are offered in only one tower-but you could always walk over too. I would suggest reading up on concierge services at DL-vs. those at WDW-before springing for the big bucks. I'm hopeless at links, but there are several good articles here on MP under the DL travel section.

termoo
01-08-2004, 09:16 AM
The concierge lounge is on the top floor of the Marina Tower, so the Marina Tower is the most convenient if you get concierge. It's also the closest tower to Downtown Disney and the monorail, as well as the closest for walking distance to the parks.

We stayed there once at an incredible rate and upon check-in, they changed our queen-queen room to a single King. This was a problem since it was just my 13-year old son and me (his mom)! They claimed that they always try to put groups of 2 into rooms with just one bed. Despite my arguing, they wouldn't budge. It was also a handicapped room, which meant that everything was too low for us, AND it was directly across from the concierge lounge, which meant lots of traffic. Since you have more than 2 in your party, hopefully this won't happen to you.

We did not have a daybed or hide-a-bed, nor did we have room to put a rollaway. I was disappointed in the customer service we were given at this hotel, since we stayed there as a special treat and expected it to be a better experience.

That said, the room was very nicely appointed (we did have to ASK for a coffeemaker) and we enjoyed our nightly view of the dancing waters show. (We were facing the pool.) Make sure you point out the pixie dust around the ceiling to your kids when you turn off the lights at night! Have fun and congrats on your great rate!

mousey_girl
01-08-2004, 09:33 AM
The Marina Tower is where you check in. The concierge lounge is in the Sequoia Tower. We just stayed in a suite in the Bonita Tower. We had full access to the lounge. It is a very nice place to sit and relax, away from the hustle and bustle of the resort. The view of DTD is wonderful.

On our check in day we arrived just as the staff was beginning to put the breakfast stuff away. The were very accommodating. They even made sure that we had gotten what we wanted before putting everything away. One of the staff members and I got into a talk about my claws. She was very sweet. She even told The Boy that if he wanted anything else to come see her.

Previously we have stayed twice in the Marina Tower in a standard room. One had a sleeper sofa and the other was too long ago to remeber. After staying in the suite, this is the way we will go from now on. Even though it was a bit removed from the other 2 towers it was very nice and walking through the waterfall areas to get back to your room was very soothing.

Make sure that if you are going to want to attend a meal at Goofy's Kitchen that you call ahead and make rervations :rolleyes: .

Grandbreaker
01-08-2004, 10:20 AM
I am sorry to tell you that you are both wrong. The concierge lounge is in the Seirra Tower I know that because I work at all 3 hotels. Enjoy your stay and have a disney day.

idesign
01-08-2004, 10:39 AM
My goodness!,

How did you find that rate and how do you get it? Is it for all ap's? or just Primos?

-Thanks

scanmom
01-08-2004, 11:15 AM
The rate is good for all types of AP's. The PPH was sold out for our dates, but I believe those rooms are $79.00/ nite. The code I asked for was APF. The girl would not give me the rate w/o me actually saying APF. we laughed about the rules on that one!! I don't know if posting the code is o.k. on these boards, so if I broke a rule, moderators, feel free to edit my post. TIA!!!

Anthony
01-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Scanmom,

Do you mean to say, that unless you knew the 'phrase that pays' they would not tell you about that special room rate? That HAS to be a joke, right? If not, that is seriously lame-o. What is the point of having an AP if you don't get to hear about the hotel specials. Ughhh. It almost makes me want to stay off-site...

mousey_girl
01-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Sierra/Sequoia whatever, I just know it is in the tower that's back is to DTD and it is the tower I have never stayed in :p .

seattlemom
01-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Scanmom, you are so cool.
The last time I called, I was told that there were no AP rates available for the dates that I needed. I just called and used that code and got the same great rate at DLH.:)

scanmom
01-08-2004, 05:44 PM
that is EXACTLY what I mean....you have to know the EXACT code letters or you will NOT get the rate. They do that for WDW as well. I think it IS a bunch of crap, and so did the CM I talked to on the phone, but apparently, that is how it is. I have had this happen before, when booking a room at WDW. It is nothing new. The CM was really nice, and told me she was glad I knew the correct code, she did not agree with how it is done! Anyway, I believe this code is good thru the end of March, so good luck!:D

derraj25
01-08-2004, 06:22 PM
I wrote an indepth review about our stay at DLH in October. You may want to take a look at it. I outlined our entire hotel experience and it just may answer all of your questions.

wendybeth
01-08-2004, 08:31 PM
I have one there too; we stayed in the Seqouia, whoops, I mean the Sierra Tower...Lol- sorry, Mousey_Girl, just teasing! We had a nice stay, but this year we're trying an offsite one. If you do stay in the Sierra tower, get a pool view- it's great!

adriennek
01-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
Do you mean to say, that unless you knew the 'phrase that pays' they would not tell you about that special room rate? That HAS to be a joke, right? If not, that is seriously lame-o. What is the point of having an AP if you don't get to hear about the hotel specials. Ughhh. It almost makes me want to stay off-site...

From my understanding, quite a few large hotels have policies like this, actually. For example, if you call the Marriott or the Hilton, they may have many discounts available, but if you don't know to ask for them, they're not allowed to tell you about them. You can't even say, "Do you have any special rates?" They won't tell you what they are. If they have a senior discount, for example, and they can visibly see at check in that you are a senior citizen, they can't advise you that you could ask for a special senior rate.

Adrienne

MonorailMan
01-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Note to self: APF :)

disneylandia
01-09-2004, 05:33 AM
Thank You for posting the special code scanmom! I reserved 2 nights at $99 to bring a guest who's never stayed at the DLH, and hasn't been to the park in years.

Does anyone know how early can you request a certain tower?

tjrj
01-09-2004, 06:07 AM
I've requested our desired tower at the time of making the reservation-along with room type-queen/queen, non-smoking etc. and then called(you can fax too) to confirm about a week and a half prior to trip. Never had a problem-but then usually go at off times of year. I would imagine at the height of summer you might not get the tower that you wanted on ocassion.

termoo
01-09-2004, 09:16 AM
The concierge lounge is on the top floor of the Marina Tower, so the Marina Tower is the most convenient if you get concierge. It's also the closest tower to Downtown Disney and the monorail, as well as the closest for walking distance to the parks.

We stayed there once at an incredible rate

Did I say "Marina???" I meant "Sierra!!" Yep, that's it--Sierra. Well...they both end in an "a."

Now that we all know the secret code is APF, can anyone use it, or do you actually have to have an annual pass? For instance, the reason I got a good rate when we stayed there is because I kept pressing the reservations person who then told me about a So. Cal. rate, and then gave it to me since she'd mentioned it, even though I don't live in So. Cal.

kijay
01-10-2004, 08:32 PM
How long is the code going to be good for? Anyone know. That is one awesome rate, almost enough to get an AP for.:p

PsychDoc
01-10-2004, 09:04 PM
so, let me get this straight...all we need to do is say "APF" and then we'll get this special rate? Does this work at the Pier as well? I love that place. Do you have to have an AP for it to work? I'm planning a trip out there for the soap weekend (June). Can I use that code if I book my trip by March? Also, does anyone know for sure when the soap weekend is?

scanmom
01-11-2004, 08:03 AM
all you have to do is mention code APF to get the rate. And yes, it should be good for all three hotels, but the PPH was sold out of that rate on my dates. I believe that this code is good thru March, so probably won't work for June dates, but it's worth a try! Now, since posting I have read about Super Sunday rates, so I called back and got an even better deal. I got PPH for $59.00 on the sunday I am there, and $79.00 for the mon-thur.!!! I check out Friday A.M., but I believe the rate was $119.00 for Fri. and Sat. nites. You HAVE to SAY that you want Super Sunday rates. I believe they have SS rates for DLH and GCH also. And of course, this is an AP rate. I told the lady that I would be buying my AP when I got there and she said that is fine and booked my 2 rooms at the discounted rate! We are taking my BIL and his 2 kids, and paying for everything, so we are trying to get the best deals we can on everything! If anyone has any budget tips for food, souvies, or anything, I am all ears!!! TIA~!!!!:fez:

1shellybell
01-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Those of you who got the DLH APF rate of $99, when did you book? I've called and called and have only been offered rates of 119/159 at DLH. We were able to get 79/119 at PP though. Speaking of rates, has anyone seen a lower rate for DLH or PP than the AP discount. I'm wondering what is rock bottom? Haven't seen anything on Expedia that can beat that fro the time frame were going (I realize its still early). Also, is DL the only place to turn in vouchers for APs? Since we'll need to do that before we check in.

TIA - I hated to start a new thread for these questions:confused:

disneylandia
01-13-2004, 02:08 PM
I got the $99 rate for DH on weekdays in March (8th & 9th to be specific). I think $99 is the cheapest you'll ever get it nowadays.