PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Back to Normal?

snappy
01-07-2004, 03:46 PM
With the Holiday season gone is anyone looking forward to having Disneyland Back to Normal? Personally being an P.A.P holder I'm looking forward to semi-crowded days in the park, and not having to get a fast pass for a Churro. Don't get me wrong,I love the Holidays at Disneyland-DCA, but Im looking forward to getting back to normal. Anyone agree/disagree? Would love to here some thoughts. Happy New Year...

Morrigoon
01-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Looking forward to those rainy tuesdays in february.... :fez:

sediment
01-07-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm still waiting for DL to be over 50% full -- of attractions.

I can't stand the crowds. It's too far a trip to go someplace I've been 30-something times to wait in lines or to wait for FastPasses to mature.

I go when I'm invited or when I beg the family Cast Member, or when one of my kids wants me to beg the family Cast Member. I think I'll let one of them beg next time. Nothing like a 100% success rate.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-07-2004, 04:37 PM
I can't help but say it - Thank God Christmas is over.

Not only are we now free of the annoying music and gaudy decorations, but most of the tourists went home too!

I can't wait to experience off-season Disneyland once more. :)

It'll be a couple of weeks before Mansion and Small World are back to normal, though.

Dlandmom
01-07-2004, 05:12 PM
I unfortunately missed the entire holiday season (well, I MIGHT catch IASW this weekend).

The Mouse Is Back
01-07-2004, 10:35 PM
We were there today for a few hours.

Frankly, I was surprised and somewhat dismayed by how much more crowded it is now during the so-called off season. Maybe if we had gone at the beginning of the day, but my daughter has day program during the week.

Is it because of a huge increase in APs who show up after noon? Does everything seem more crowded because of FP use? Is it because they jump on the SoCal Resident Salute the day after the holidays end?

Whatever. I was informed today there are going to be changes made to both AP and FP programs, for the good of the Park but probably to the chagrin of some folks - and I'm glad. I'd give up our APs and the use of FP just to actually see a slow season again.

-Allegra-

spectromen
01-08-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm sure it's all of those reasons combined, but don't forget the minor detail of 3 E-Tickets down all at once right now..

RStar
01-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Yes, I do enjoy Feb. and March at the park.

I also enjoy late nights durring the summer because they are warm and so late that most people get tired and leave (but that was when the park would close at midnight or 1 am).

And I like the holidays with all the decorations and shows, the chill in the air, and the early nights to be able to enjoy the lights eairlier. That's one thing I enjoy about Disneyland the most, the way it's lit up at night, even without the Christmas decorations.

But after the hustle and bustle is over, yes it is a sigh of relief to get back to the slower pace of the "Off season" (If there is such a thing. We should rename it the AP season perhaps!).

cstephens
01-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by The Mouse Is Back
Frankly, I was surprised and somewhat dismayed by how much more crowded it is now during the so-called off season.

There hasn't really been an off-season for some time now, since they've been running some version of the SoCal discount every time it's not peak summer or peak winter time. I miss off-season.

The Mouse Is Back
01-08-2004, 10:41 AM
spectromen, I didn't consider that, about the E-tickets being down.

Probably if there was an actual functioning Tomorrowland, it would make a big difference.

Rainy days, early mornings right at opening, and the last hour or so of operation are still good, but it has been an awfully long time since we've been on what I would call an empty day.

Personally...part of it for me is that everyone has to run around at such a breakneck speed. I can understand kids getting excited and hyper, but jeez, doesn't anybody know how to just slow down and enjoy things any more?

Yours truly,

Crabby in Toluca Lake

Cadaverous Pallor
01-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by The Mouse Is Back
Rainy days, early mornings right at opening, and the last hour or so of operation are still good, but it has been an awfully long time since we've been on what I would call an empty day. You're right, it's not really "empty", even in off-season. But from now through end of Feb (minus holiday weekends) is the one time of year that actually still qualifies as off-season.

I'd blame all the things mentioned in this thread, plus the fact that tourists are more likely to decide to come in the off-season these days.

As for people running around...I've learned to ignore them and stroll leisurely. :)

ESS Heckler
01-08-2004, 02:42 PM
What are the crwod predictions for MLK weekend? Is DLR running any sort of SoCal Salute I need to know about.

I've convinced my Mom and brother and sister in law to go with me to DLR, and that's the weekend they chose. My Mom hasn't been in over 30 years (she doesn't remember the Jungle Cruise Ride) and my brother is only going because his wife and I badgered him onto it, swearing on Walt's grave that he'd have a good time.

Now I'm worried about big crowds. Can anyone give me an estimate ? I need to give my Disneyland rookies a realistic idea of what they are going to face.

Morrigoon
01-08-2004, 02:50 PM
There will be an increase due to the holiday weekend, but nothing like summer crowds. It's just a pity so much will be closed - Thunder, Space and Indy (goes down for rehab in a few days, I believe)

Dlandmom
01-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Indy (goes down for rehab in a few days, I believe)

Do you know where you'll be working?

MotorBoat Cruiser
01-10-2004, 10:50 AM
I was at the park on Friday (1/9). It was pretty quiet compared to how it has been. Granted, it might not be like it used to before the Southern California Annual pass, but it was still very nice. Just to be able to have room to walk down main street in the evening was a nice change.

I also really enjoyed not seeing all of the Christmas decorations (although they are still up near IASWH). Don't get me wrong, I think the park is beautiful when it is decorated and I really enjoyed the holiday celebration this year, but it is time to let the holidays be over and get back to good ol' regular Disneyland. I can't wait to ride the Haunted Mansion when it is back to normal. I miss it.