PDA

View Full Version : Star tours 411

Pages : [1] 2

ToursbabeC3po
01-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Well, this is my first post and I wanted to start out by saying "Nice to meet you all!"
I see there is a lot of Star Tours talk on this board and I know a thing or two about the attraction since I have spent about 40 hours a week there for the last 8 years :-) There was a post down below saying that the screen was jumping on them while they were on it and it was a disappointing experiance....Shoot! I would be disappointed too! It was not working properly, but if you would have told one of the cast members about your bad experience we would have let you ride on another starspeeder (one that is working) and we would have done a test flight to see what was wrong and had a Mech. come take a look.....We don't know if the ride is broken unless something mech. goes wrong and the computer tells us or a guest does.
I know what the big question is here! "When are the going to change the stupid film?" lol Yes, I know, the same movie for 16 years is getting to be a bit repetitive and To change it would be pretty low budget compared to building a whole new attraction in tommorowland.....
This is the deal.....Disney is only part owner in Star Tours....The big guy that owns it (George Lucas) Has every right to change the attraction or leave it the same.....I can tell you this he is making his last movie right now and we have had a lot of imaginers hanging out at star tours and we have had a lot of refurbishment's recently...New carpet, new paint, new flooring in the starspeeders,and new wall fixtures.....Rumor is that George Lucas is a very Clean man and if he had walked into Star Tours last year he would have shut the place down the way it looked....
So maybe there is a new movie in the near future.....Why else would all those imaginers be doing? That is my 411 on Star Tours for now I hope you all have a great day and "May the Force Be with you."
toursbabe

I am a Supporter of Savedisney

CoasterMatt
01-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the Mousepad! I used to love Star Tours (the first forty or fifty times), but it just got stale pretty quickly. For some weird reason, though, I've ridden it twice in my last 3 DL visits, and really enjoyed it. Maybe I just needed a couple years break?

Uncle Dick
01-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Welcome and thanks for the info. "Toursbabe" is indeed an accurate screen name because there are some real hotties working that attraction.

There was this one chica bonita on Sunday who I could've sworn was giving me "the eye." And those orange jumpsuits are so terribly sexy for some reason. Just had to get that off my chest. :geek:

spectromen
01-07-2004, 01:45 PM
So nice to have an actual CM from the attraction here, welcome! I have one question - is it you guys'z responsibility to dust off C3PO or someone else's? I hate when he has visible layers of dust on him, especially with spotlights shining right on him highlighting the effect!

ToursbabeC3po
01-07-2004, 02:13 PM
We are not allowed to touch the props I am not sure who is supposed to clean him but I will find out tommorow :-)

Loric
01-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Questions!

Which door sequence do you use? BWars only changed to the current sequence in late 2002. In short.. Cabin Ext B-E, Facility Ext A-E, Cabin Ext A, Cabin Ent B-E, Cabin Ent A w/ Facility Ent B-E, Facility Ent A, and then launch.

Do you initiate launch from inside or outside of the cabin? Again, we changed over with the new door sequence.

UncleGDogWord
01-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the Planet. It is good to read about Star Tours. It is my favorite ride in Tomorrowland. I really hope they get some new destination going on.

ToursbabeC3po
01-07-2004, 02:55 PM
We just started using the new door sequence a few months ago and I hate it! The reason I hate it is it slow down the counts tremendously! I was originally trained to launch cabins from the inside and continued to do it until the put in the new door sequence now you can't do it anymore! I have no ideal all that jazz you are speaking and door numbers LOL All I know is I close the Cabin exit doors first (all but the front row) Then Facilities exit doors, Then come back and close the one cabin exit door that is open, Lock belts, Close cabin entrance doors,(all but front row) then close the last cabin door with entrance ramp button check ramps close entrance facilities doors (all but front row) close last facilities door then launch!
Yes there is a way to bypass the system and yes I know how but me disclosing that information would not be wise over the net :-)
Have a great evening Toursbabe

Loric
01-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Yup, same "new" sequence we have.. err, had i guess since the ride is closed.

I just call "ramp" doors Facility and used ent for enter and ext for exit - that's how our computer readouts show it, incased of a malfunction.

Do you use the whole row A-E? At BWars, for ops we refered to each row as Alpha through Enigma (Alpha, Bravo, Cappa, Delta, Enigma) so that maint/ops could more easily find problems with seatbelts and such. But, as far as guests knew, it was simple Row 1-5.

The seating grid is identicle, right? 8-8-7-8-9 right?

They moved our exit platform button, from right next to alpha cabin door all the way back to the middle of the walkway on enigma - so you have to walk the full platform. It cuts down on platform intrusion e-stops during launch put seriously screws with load and launch time.

Its funny, indenticle systems but with different names for things - had a friend transfer to Star Tours at MGM and got laughed at everytime she refered to the Star Speeder as a "Probe." Atleast she didn't announce to guests that "Bravo two-two-niner" was ready for boarding.

Loric
01-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Oh!!

Did you have to use those horrible plexiglass clipboards with the vehicle diagram to mark un-useable seats?

You have to write on them with yuckey wax-pencils (which are always in short supply) and lovely shorthand like SIH (Stuck in housing) and LAB (Lock after buckle)

Freerider127
01-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the pad, and thanks for posting your info its nice to have someone that actually works on the attraction. :D

ToursbabeC3po
01-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Oh man so many questions LOL (I am Blonde you know) Okay rows, they are rows A-E although those names would make it much more easy for the mech. I will bring that up in our next meeting! Seats are logged by numbers starting from the exit doors.....We ditched the wax pens boards last year and got dry erase boards (good luck finding one of those pens as well)
Another thing that is very different with WDW simulators and DR simulators is your exit ramps come up like a drawbridge where ours go straight up to the ceiling! Our ramps are about 3 feet shorter then yours too....So is Body wars closed forever? Last time I was at WDW it was open about two years ago....I am planning a trip this Oct to WDW with a friend from my attraction...I am having WDW withdrawls!

hazlnut
01-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by spectromen
So nice to have an actual CM from the attraction here, welcome! I have one question - is it you guys'z responsibility to dust off C3PO or someone else's? I hate when he has visible layers of dust on him, especially with spotlights shining right on him highlighting the effect!

I've noticed an inch or two of dust on a lot of the glass-enclosed droids along the queue--talk about taking you out of the movie (ride). Hoped they cleaned all that up.

Loric
01-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ToursbabeC3po
Oh man so many questions LOL (I am Blonde you know) Okay rows, they are rows A-E although those names would make it much more easy for the mech. I will bring that up in our next meeting! Seats are logged by numbers starting from the exit doors.....We ditched the wax pens boards last year and got dry erase boards (good luck finding one of those pens as well)
Another thing that is very different with WDW simulators and DR simulators is your exit ramps come up like a drawbridge where ours go straight up to the ceiling! Our ramps are about 3 feet shorter then yours too....So is Body wars closed forever? Last time I was at WDW it was open about two years ago....I am planning a trip this Oct to WDW with a friend from my attraction...I am having WDW withdrawls!

After a long and sucessful run at Epcot, the Minaturization Exploration Technology center is no longer offering daily observation flights to park guests. (The attraction is now "Seasonal")

Cadaverous Pallor
01-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Welcome to toursbabe....being a Star Wars fan (holy trilogy only, please) I always enjoy my interrupted vacations to Endor. :)

I love reading all this insider CM talk! :cool:

MonorailMan
01-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor

I do too. :)

(I can't wait until I start working at DL.) ;) :D

DisneyFan25863
01-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Welcome to toursbabe....being a Star Wars fan (holy trilogy only, please) I always enjoy my interrupted vacations to Endor. :)

Originally posted by MonorailMan I do too.

(I can't wait until I start working at DL.)

Ditto :)

Loric
01-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Quick Question Babe,

Get many requests for E-9?

MonorailMan
01-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Loric
Get many requests for E-9?

Pondering. ;)

Note to self: E9 ;)

TheatreTech
01-07-2004, 08:41 PM
I love reading all this insider CM talk!:cool:Agreed.
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I do too.
(I can't wait until I start working at DL.)Agreed.
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
Ditto :) And ditto...again.
Originally posted by Loric
Get many requests for E-9?Truly the best seat.;)

Loric
01-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Pondering. ;)

Note to self: E9 ;)

E-9 has the most leg room, on the end of the back with no one in front of you, because that's the CM walkway.

Its also the part of the vehicle that moves the furthest. E-1 and E-9 are roughly equal but because of the added leg-room several people have learned to request E-9.

For a "smooth" ride in BWars, you have to sit as close to the center axis as possible. Due to the raking of the seats (E is highest) and that it spans the full width of the cabin (9 seats, ABD are 8 and C is 7) sitting in E-1 or E-9 puts the farthest from the center axis and makes for the roughest ride.

Not to mention the vehicle doors swing in and your arm rest is mounted to the door itself.

blusilva
01-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Ah, the "sweet seat". I now know it's called E-9! I usually try to manuever myself into that one. :)

Loric
01-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by blusilva
Ah, the "sweet seat". I now know it's called E-9! I usually try to manuever myself into that one. :)

Ah.. so it was you... troublemaker! :p

RonMadeMeCry
01-07-2004, 11:29 PM
This is my first post here, lurker of many months. But I found this thread all too intriguing to pass up....I am to a Star Tours CM, have also worked the attraction for quite some time now. However I find that TB is posting here and also giving so much about her self. Enough so that I was easily able to figure out who she is.....I would further suggest to all CMs posting here to be careful about describing themselves to freely. I have seen a great deal of CMs post information about themselves but it all hits home when a fellow CM on my attraction comes up such as this. It concerns me that she is being detailed about the inner workings of the attractions on a public forum and is also taking questions and seeking out the answers for people. This just doesn't seem right to me, call me crazy, but I respect the magic :D

Morrigoon
01-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Trust me, you're online long enough, someone from your attraction is going to recognize you... happened to me. Just make sure you never post anything that's in violation of the contract you signed and it's cool.