PDA

View Full Version : Quality Inn or Parkside? need info please

kijay
01-07-2004, 11:20 AM
We are looking for a suite for our trip in late May, early June. Found a coupon book for CA that had the Parkside and a Quality inn (Gold rush ?). Can't find any info on either one. The Parkside is offering a truly outstanding rate on a suite, but I worry that its too good to be true ( I don't want to be a roach hotel). So once again I turn to the trusty Mouspadders, as I know this is where to get the true info. on these places. Any help will be appreciated. :D

ToursbabeC3po
01-07-2004, 12:26 PM
most of the Slum Motels have been chased out buy the Anaheim Resort project.....The ones that where really bad had to leave and the ones that were so so had to improve there apearance or they would have been forced out....Because I live up the street I will take a look at them for you tommorow on the way to work and let you know how they are... ToursbabeC3po

I am a supporter of savedisney

daannzzz
01-08-2004, 06:32 AM
The Parkside Inn and Suites is an old motel that usually rates one star or less in the guides. I have never seen a review of it but I suspect it is low on the totem pole for a reason. They showed up on a website (if I can find it later I will post) and it looked like they may have just remodeled their rooms.

Black Pearl
01-08-2004, 11:01 AM
My wife and I stayed there about 3 years ago, under the assumption that it was a "suite". When we got there, it was two bedrooms joined together. Also, there was a mystery door that had an in table pushed up against it. The second night we were there, (3 night stay), I decided to do some exploring. What I found was a dirty, dusty, old kitchen, that was being used as some kind of storage space! The continental breakfast, (which is bad no matter where you go), was Tampico, instant coffee, and bulk danish. The kind you would find at Costco, Sams Club, etc. All in all it wasn't a very pleasant experience for myself or my wife.:eek: