PDA

View Full Version : TOT: Grand Opening May 4

ppmuse
01-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Just hopped on Intercot West (http://www.intercotwest.com/) and found out that Tower of Terror's Grand Opening is on May 4. On Mouseplanet, it says April 22 & 24. Anybody have any idea what date it's going to be. Intercot was dated yesterday, Jan 6, and Mouseplanet was about a week ago.

AVP
01-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by ppmuse
Just hopped on Intercot West (http://www.intercotwest.com/) and found out that Tower of Terror's Grand Opening is on May 4. On Mouseplanet, it says April 22 & 24. Anybody have any idea what date it's going to be. Intercot was dated yesterday, Jan 6, and Mouseplanet was about a week ago. The Tower of Terror EVENT is in April - this is a special (merchandise?) event. The ride opens in May.

AVP

Not Afraid
01-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by AVP
this is a special (merchandise?) event.

You know, I'm getting really tired of "Merchandise" events. I just want to preview the attraction!:rolleyes:

AVP
01-07-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
You know, I'm getting really tired of "Merchandise" events. I just want to preview the attraction!:rolleyes: I don't know that it is a merch event. (Hence the "?") I hope it isn't - I just want a preview too.

AVP

olegc
01-07-2004, 09:08 AM
My take would be that they would run it similar to A Bug's Land opening - a preview but also some pins and some other event-style activities: most notable how media would be catered to and celebs would get in there to show off how great Disney is these days...

Man - are we in cynical times or what?

RStar
01-07-2004, 12:39 PM
I generally only go to Merch events if I don't have to pay much to get in and I don't buy more than a pin anyway. I go for the preview.

However, This ride opens on my birthday, May 4th, so it is a good day to die (falling to my death in an elevator- see unPC thread)!;)

DivaPrincess
01-07-2004, 02:18 PM
RStar -me too!

Happy Birthday to me! Tower of Terror to see! Happy Birthday to DivaPrincess and RStar! Happy terror day too!

hazlnut
01-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ppmuse
Just hopped on Intercot West (http://www.intercotwest.com/) and found out that Tower of Terror's Grand Opening is on May 4. On Mouseplanet, it says April 22 & 24. Anybody have any idea what date it's going to be. Intercot was dated yesterday, Jan 6, and Mouseplanet was about a week ago.

That Intercot site really does need to update some of their info--new and old. I poked around and they had prices, dates, and times for various things all wrong. Nice web design, bad info.

Icy Bacon
01-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Well, the ride should be running perfectly well by April 22nd, and hey, soft openings would mean some more attendance for DCA during the quiet times. Mission: SPACE soft opened what, four months early? May 4th will probably just be the official opening, come on, don't say anyone can't want to get DCA in better shape as soon as possible!

If it is an actual preview event, I'm going down from the bay area with many of my friends and finally splurging with a night in the Grand Californian. So if they want our money there, better fire up the ride! ;)

MonorailMan
01-07-2004, 08:17 PM
A TOT event may be one I actually slap down $200 for. ;) :D

rexfarms
01-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Its Dr. Nick's birthday too!

RStar
01-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Well, happy Birthday to all of us and the Tower!

sediment
01-08-2004, 12:20 PM
If I were truly wanting to get on this ride, I'd check out soft openings ("AKA, hey, you want to ride this?" in mid- to late-March. Seems like a good time to try.
Or find a CM who knows a lot more than we.

Any reason why this isn't opening BEFORE Easter crowds? Just want to see some paid-that-day guests coming through the turnstiles.
Nice to have the 2-fer end on April 30.