PDA

View Full Version : Dapper Day at Disneyland - Reviews?

wabby1
02-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Hi everyone.....we'll be attending the Spring Dapper Day this year for the first time, and wanted to get reviews from those of you who've attended this event prior. Looks like a lot of fun!

3Princesses1Prince
02-09-2017, 11:06 AM
We had a blast! We've done both spring and fall events. Dress up! Enjoy the photo ops (how often are you dressed up in Disneyland?!?). We did browse the Dapper day shops in GCH. There were groups doing different scavenger hunts that included photos with other guests. We met a lot of fun people because of this (my son was a huge hit in his "newsies" outfit). We also all coordinated our outfits: guys with red suspenders, my daughters had yellow dresses with red and white polka dot belts, I wore a red with white polka dot Audrey Hepburn dress.

Shortpix77
02-09-2017, 11:46 AM
We've gone a few times before and always had a lot of fun! The photos and people-watching are great, and it's lovely to relax with some wine or adult beverage over in DCA while feeling all fancy :-)

tea4two
02-09-2017, 10:03 PM
The expo is much more fun since it moved over to the DLH. Much more room to mingle and enjoy the fun vendors. The live bands are fun, too. Bring $$! There are so many tempting things to buy.

danyoung
02-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Just to add a dissenting voice, I can't imagine having to dress up and visit a Disney park. Maybe that's the curmudgeon in me, a little bit of bah humbug to something like this. If it works for you, go for it!

Scamp
02-14-2017, 12:18 AM
I love Justinscarred's Dapper videos.

sjhanksaz
02-14-2017, 05:51 AM
I was there in Sept 2015, not dressed up but just ended up in the park that day.

We didn't participate in any of the events so I can't comment on that. I did feel bad for them because it was hot, like in the mid 90's and with all those fancy close on it must have been tough.

The park was very crowded that day overall too. Disneyland reached capacity in the afternoon and stopped letting people in for a while. The dapper day that year put a little damper on our trip.

Berry Princess
02-14-2017, 12:48 PM
The park was very crowded that day overall too. Disneyland reached capacity in the afternoon and stopped letting people in for a while. The dapper day that year put a little damper on our trip.

We accidentally ended up at one in the Spring. We had to plan around our son's baseball games and he wanted to take a friend for his birthday that year. It was not the best day for us at all. The crowds were ridiculous. I was shocked to see a few show up in costumes and let in. Then one run around in character as well without the CMs doing a thing to stop her. As well as some of the outfits were what I would think would have fallen under the not safe category (capes/dresses dragging on the ground). We ended up coming across some not nice behavior as well during that day by some dressed up for it too. Which I know that sadly the more people you get in the parks the more of a chance there is for that to happen by any groups of people. Which we really try to avoid these "unofficial" events and certain times we know will be crazy crowded.
BTW, I wasn't sure when this Spring one was so looked it up but it is sure to be crazy crowded because its also at a time when a lot of schools will be at the end of Spring Breaks. Our's is that way. So if you go then go with it in mind about how bad the crowds will be that day.