PDA

View Full Version : Tea Cups

Fantasmic Fan
01-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Just curious...does anyone know what happened at the Tea Cups today (1-6-04)? I was walking by and glanced over and saw a man who looked like he cut his head. I did not stop to watch...I simply looked over and then kept walking like nothing happened. I'm just curious as to how the gentleman injured himself. Later on this evening the ride remained closed and there was plastic covering the section of tea cups, which the incident took place as if an investigation was going to take place. There was also a security guard standing by to ensure that the area was not disturbed.

Loric
01-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Fantasmic Fan
Just curious...does anyone know what happened at the Tea Cups today (1-6-04)? I was walking by and glanced over and saw a man who looked like he cut his head. I did not stop to watch...I simply looked over and then kept walking like nothing happened. I'm just curious as to how the gentleman injured himself. Later on this evening the ride remained closed and there was plastic covering the section of tea cups, which the incident took place as if an investigation was going to take place. There was also a security guard standing by to ensure that the area was not disturbed.

If you stood up on the ride, or weren't careful when stepping out, it'd be fairly easy to fall and whack your head on either a teacup or the saucer underneath.

Probably wont hear any headlines about "Man thrown from Teacup" or anything, just a simple slip and fall. These things happen, I wouldn't be too worried. Worst case scenario I can think of would be if one of the lights fell and landed on his head.

CoasterMatt
01-07-2004, 05:16 AM
Worst case scenario would be something like this. (http://images.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/01-02-04-parks/hathfallen1.jpg)
:~D

danyoung
01-07-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by CoasterMatt
Worst case scenario would be something like this. (http://images.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/01-02-04-parks/hathfallen1.jpg)
:~D

What a hilarious pic! Thanks for the laugh!!!

blubayou33
01-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Here’s what a little bird told me: The man was a paraplegic, he didn’t have use of his legs. As the ride was starting he pushed down, against the wheel to better situate himself and ended up pushing himself out, hitting his head on the table. Apparently he’s ok, and admits that it was his fault…..thank goodness.

BTW…thanx for the pic, it’s great!

iwannabeanimagineer
01-08-2004, 02:51 PM
At the risk of being off-topic:

On our most recent trip to DLR (over the holidays) I learned something I had not known before, after almost 42 years of visiting Disneyland: The Mad Tea Party, Alice in Wonderland and Gadget's Go Coaster are the only Disneyland attractions that close due to rain. I assume it is because they are too slippery for walking (Teacups) and car braking (Alice and Gadget).

CoasterMatt
01-08-2004, 02:56 PM
On Gadget's, the tire drive system gets too slippery in rain, not the brakes.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-08-2004, 03:15 PM
That doctored pic is hilarious! :D

Freerider127
01-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
That doctored pic is hilarious! :D

Doctored pic what are you talking about? Thats REAL. Isnt it?:confused:

MonorailMan
01-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by iwannabeanimagineer
On our most recent trip to DLR (over the holidays) I learned something I had not known before, after almost 42 years of visiting Disneyland: The Mad Tea Party, Alice in Wonderland and Gadget's Go Coaster are the only Disneyland attractions that close due to rain. I assume it is because they are too slippery for walking (Teacups) and car braking (Alice and Gadget).

Actually, from what I understand, less of a drive issue with AIW, but more a electrical issue. Sometimes, the rain can short the tracks. :)

MotorBoat Cruiser
01-10-2004, 10:45 AM
I was at the park on 1/9 and the teacups were still closed all day. Seems that something happened that caused an extended closure.

JosieGirl71
01-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Maybe the close during the rain for fear of drowning (in your teacup)? :D