PDA

View Full Version : "Nightmare" Nightmare - All You Get is a Recording!!

KarenW2
10-01-2001, 08:50 AM
Since we knew the 800 number we were given by the CM who called us with the bad news about Burton & Elfman not being at the Nightmare event on Wednesday would be unmanned over the weekend, and we'd only receive a recording if we did call, we decided to wait to call til this morning.

Imagine our surprise/disappointment when we called & still received a recording this morning! It basically said they "just found out YESTERDAY" about the no-shows and how excited they were, etc., basically what the press release we read earlier said.

This was supposed to be the number manned by a HUMAN who would address our concerns and questions about refunds, partial or otherwise, info on what substitutions have been made for them and anything else having to do with the event!

Since Burton & Elfman were the main reason we were willing to pay a high price to ride early & listen to the panel discussion, unless there's a partial refund or some other compensation made, we don't see a reason to go to the event and would request full refunds.

Has anyone else either gotten a human at the 800 number or help at the other number for refunds and questions?

AVP
10-01-2001, 09:04 AM
Karen,

I do know other people have called in through that number, and reached a human, so I don't know what is happening. Since I haven't received "the call" yet, I don't know what number they are giving you. If that number isn't working, try the local Merchandise Guest Services line: 407-827-7600.

AVP

blusilva
10-01-2001, 04:07 PM
Karen,

I got a human - twice actually - on Friday when I called. They aren't offering partial refunds, only full ones and told me I needed to cancel before tonight.

I hope you got through to someone.

KarenW2
10-02-2001, 09:44 AM
Here's what we found out today, when my DH called & got a human finally (he didn't mention which number he had to call to get one):

There will be NO REPLACEMENTS for Tim Burton & Danny Elfman!!

So, since that means we'll actually be getting even LESS for our money, and since they're not issuing any partial refunds, we had no choice but to cancel our two tickets, and the merchandise we ordered was cancelled at the same time!

This has been a very disappointing way to run an "enchanted" evening, if you ask me!

Nigel2
10-02-2001, 11:11 AM
Well thats too bad for all the people that wanted to see them, I guess things happen when you become famous.