PDA

View Full Version : Pavement work continues, Tomorrowland RR station closed

Darkbeer
01-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Disney continues replacing basic asphalt, this time in Tomorrowland... The Train station is closed, as is the Modhatter (the restrooms are still open)... Also, they have closed the Autopia exit, and now rerouted the exit thru the entrance...

Also, they have rearranged the Winner Circle gift shop (still open), but it is a narrow path when you exit the Monorail into Tomorrowland.....

innerSpaceman
01-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Pfhst. Save themselves some logical hassle and just close the entire land while the repaving is going on.

Nobody would notice.

rcman2001
01-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Are they completely remodeling tommorowland again like in 98?

Cadaverous Pallor
01-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Pfhst. Save themselves some logical hassle and just close the entire land while the repaving is going on.

Nobody would notice. Very funny. But it's obvious that Autopia soaks up crowds like nobody's business.

And no matter how dead Tomorrowland gets there's always a ton of people there anyway....perhaps searching in vain for something to do?

We were in line for the Monorail on Sunday and a Hispanic woman got in line behind us. She asked us in broken English which line this was. After we informed her, she asked "Can you tell me....Submarines?"

Oh, and Darkbeer - Hatmosphere, not Mod Hatter. :D

Cadaverous Pallor
01-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by rcman2001
Are they completely remodeling tommorowland again like in 98? No, just re-paving, like they did in Fantasyland a year or so ago.

sediment
01-05-2004, 06:01 PM
I sure hope they're taking out the puddling areas. I haven't been there since April, but on rainy days, there were some big lakes in Fantasyland.