PDA

View Full Version : "Rain Check" plan for Main Street Electrical Parade Premiere Event at Disneyland

AVP
01-18-2017, 09:14 AM
https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/211405-2/FA_desktop_ELP4.jpg

The weather forecast currently shows three storm systems moving through Southern California starting Thursday morning and through Sunday. As such, it's uncertain whether there will be a dry window during which Disneyland can present the Main Street Electrical Parade during the premiere event scheduled Thursday night.

To address the concerns of people who have paid $95 each for the after-hours party, Disneyland yesterday announced their rain plan for the event:

UPDATE 1/17/17: Some of our guests have asked whether the Main Street Electrical Parade Premiere party will still be held in the event of rain. If the parade performance on Jan. 19 is cancelled because of the weather, don’t worry – we’ll have you covered. All guests in attendance who purchased event tickets can receive a complimentary one-day, one-park ticket so they can return on another date to see the popular nighttime spectacular*. Click here for more information (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/msep-premiere-faq/). The party will go on – rain or shine – and there will be so much fun to have during this limited-capacity event, like the chance to ride some of your favorite Disneyland park attractions over and over throughout the night. There is still time to purchase tickets for this once-in-a-lifetime party to celebrate the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade!

As indicated, Disneyland is still selling tickets for the party (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/electrical-parade-party/).

AnotherJenny
01-18-2017, 09:26 AM
I wonder how many people who bought tickets for this event have APs (or are CMs). A 1 day, 1 park pass to come back is a little bit hollow when you can already come back to see it again. And while it might be nice to be able to give someone a ticket (less so for a CM), it's not even a hopper, so if you go together, you're limited to sharing one park with your friend.

Not to mention other expenses that some people might have incurred to get there for the event. My guess is many would already have some way of getting into the parks for the rest of that trip. To spend $95 for a special opportunity to see a parade one night early likely means you're a big fan of this parade. I think a hopper and a voucher for an Aladdin's Oasis meal is rain check that takes the sting off it more.

AVP
01-18-2017, 09:35 AM
I think a hopper and a voucher for an Aladdin's Oasis meal is rain check that takes the sting off it more.I would agree with that, or even a 1-day and a voucher that grants access to the reserved viewing area for some limited time - maybe a month after the Premiere. I know people who came in from out of state for the event and won't be coming back to use the free ticket, and have other AP friends who bought event tickets for their entire family. This is a big deal for some people, and they're all wondering what on earth they're going to do with a free DL ticket.

Shortpix77
01-18-2017, 10:56 AM
I guess it's better than nothing, but agree with the above that a voucher for Aladdin's Oasis or reserved viewing should be part of this. As an AP, my big draw for this was seeing the parade with less crowds and getting to see the floats up close. If none of that pans out, I'll be really disappointed.

currence
01-18-2017, 12:14 PM
I would agree with that, or even a 1-day and a voucher that grants access to the reserved viewing area for some limited time - maybe a month after the Premiere. I know people who came in from out of state for the event and won't be coming back to use the free ticket, and have other AP friends who bought event tickets for their entire family. This is a big deal for some people, and they're all wondering what on earth they're going to do with a free DL ticket.

If anyone with an AP absolutely can't find a better use of their free tickets, my family will take one for the team :)

We've had that problem with other theme parks that periodically offer free bring-a-friend tickets. Most the time we can find friends to come with us, but sometimes our schedules are such that it just doesn't work. I imagine it would be a lot harder psychologically if these were compensation for tickets that cost a lot of money rather than simply extra bonus tickets.

Perhaps Craigslist or Ebay? I'm assuming that these tickets should be transferable if they are unused 1-day tickets.

Disneyphile
01-18-2017, 12:52 PM
I would like it more if they offered a choice between the ticket or a dinner voucher/VIP seating for those who have APs or have already purchased multi-day passes for this weekend.

adriennek
01-18-2017, 05:01 PM
I would like it more if they offered a choice between the ticket or a dinner voucher/VIP seating for those who have APs or have already purchased multi-day passes for this weekend.

I'm currently AP-less so *if* I were going tomorrow, I would appreciate a 1-day ticket to return. (A park hopper might be nicer, but, hey I get it.)

If I were an AP holder, I would consider a 1-day-1-park ticket kind of junky. I do have relatives who might enjoy it, but the reality is that if I'm going to bring someone to the park, I'd like the option to park hop. Frankly, I'd be far happier to have a Fast Pass for preferred parade sitting at another time, subject to availability. I think it would be appropriate for Disney to limit how many free seatings (and meals or dessert boxes perhaps?) they gave out per day.

In business, it's not about the actual value of the accommodation but the perceived value. It would probably cost them more than the park ticket's actual cost to the company, but it would be far more valuable to the AP, in my opinion.

AnotherJenny
01-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Perhaps Craigslist or Ebay? I'm assuming that these tickets should be transferable if they are unused 1-day tickets.

The etickets that runDisney volunteers get require ID to redeem. If they use the same etickets, they are probably only transferable if the named ticket holder is there when redeemed.

RedondoMouseFan
01-18-2017, 09:23 PM
I have tickets and am an AP. I'm still looking forward to the event, even if it rains. Be nice to be in the park without it being crowded. Some in our party aren't AP's and they are okay with the ticket for another day, but I'm hoping they offer AP's a gift card or something. If you read the fine print apparently the tickets are non-transferable. Hoping it doesn't rain!

CMHusband
01-19-2017, 04:25 PM
I wonder how many people who bought tickets for this event have APs (or are CMs). A 1 day, 1 park pass to come back is a little bit hollow when you can already come back to see it again. And while it might be nice to be able to give someone a ticket (less so for a CM), it's not even a hopper, so if you go together, you're limited to sharing one park with your friend.

Not to mention other expenses that some people might have incurred to get there for the event. My guess is many would already have some way of getting into the parks for the rest of that trip. To spend $95 for a special opportunity to see a parade one night early likely means you're a big fan of this parade. I think a hopper and a voucher for an Aladdin's Oasis meal is rain check that takes the sting off it more.
Doesn't it say the party goes on rain or shine?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bumblebeeonarose
01-19-2017, 08:00 PM
Doesn't it say the party goes on rain or shine?

The party, not the parade. So basically they would get to hang out in the park while it rains and ride some rides, but no parade.

CMHusband
01-19-2017, 08:27 PM
The party, not the parade. So basically they would get to hang out in the park while it rains and ride some rides, but no parade.
Well, I guess it's going on now so all is right with the world [emoji2]

bumblebeeonarose
01-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Well, I guess it's going on now so all is right with the world [emoji2]

That's good. I hope everyone who paid for their special party was happy the parade went on. Glad the rain held out.

Shortpix77
01-20-2017, 12:33 PM
That's good. I hope everyone who paid for their special party was happy the parade went on. Glad the rain held out.

We loved it! Crowds were light enough that we were able to get a good spot for the parade. They gave out MSEP Premiere lanyards that lit up, had a light-up button for APs, and had lots of special treats at different locations (FANTASIA ICE CREAM, yay!!). They also brought out the train float, the dragon float, and the turtles/bees after the parade. The train was near the flagpole and you could take pics up close, and the dragon and turtles/bees were positioned around the hub with PhotoPass photographers for people to take pictures with. It started raining a bit during the photos, but we were able to get through the line before it got too bad :-) They played 70's music all night as well, and the crowds were all jazzed and dancing everywhere. They had a dance party in Tomorrowland as well, but I didn't go to that. We had a great night!