PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! 50th wedding anniversary

MissDisney1955
01-17-2017, 03:24 PM
So...my parents are gonna have their 50th wedding anniversary this year! I had an acquaintance through a friend that is a club 33 member. As embarrassed as I was to ask her, I asked for a reservation for my parents for their anniversary. They deserve the world and I wanted to give it. Well after a few days she answered me on Facebook and said sure and to message ever closer to July. Well today I come to find out that she has deleted me so now my 68 year old mother is in tears and I can't fix it. Even though club 33 was the dream and it can never be replaced can anyone suggest something epic and special I could take them to experience at the park. I'm just at a loss and any help is appreciated!! Thanks Disnerds!

Disneyphile
01-17-2017, 04:23 PM
I highly recommend the chef's counter dinner at Napa Rose. It is an incredible dining experience and they really treat guests like royalty. :)

tea4two
01-17-2017, 07:35 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?139827-May-I-ask-for-help-with-Club-33-meals-or-admission

I don't think that requests regarding Club 33 are allowed on these boards. Mods, please correct if this is inaccurate.

MissDisney1955
01-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Oohhh we have never done the chefs counter that's an amazing idea!!! Thank you for that!! It's hard to come up with new experiances when you have done so much!!

And I'm not asking for reservations from anyone, it was just more of a very emotional rant with my help post for other ideas.

quackinup
01-17-2017, 08:34 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?139827-May-I-ask-for-help-with-Club-33-meals-or-admission

I don't think that requests regarding Club 33 are allowed on these boards. Mods, please correct if this is inaccurate.

I thought her post was going that way too but by the end it was clear she was looking for an alternative.

tea4two
01-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Just making sure things were clear for the OP and for others reading this thread. (Sometimes things can get confusing very quickly.) It is hard to think of ideas for a big celebration when you thought you already had the ultimate gift in the bag. Chef's counter at NR is a great idea. Very fun, definitely memorable. The OP should make sure to get the "I'm Celebrating ________" buttons for her parents. People will be congratulating them all day! If the parents have a favorite ride, sometimes it is possible to ask CMs ahead of time to give them a private boat/vehicle. We've gotten private boats on Storybook Canal Boats and on POTC. Very romantic! If they have a special song, sometimes you can ask the pianist at Refreshment Corner to play it so the parents can have a special dance. We've seen couples re-create their wedding dance while the pianist accompanied them. If they stop by the Royal Swing Ball (Saturday nights, PFF), the band leader will often take requests or at least offer a song for the special couple. He will announce the occasion from stage and the dancers will applaud. We've seen proposals and big anniversaries celebrated there. Also, the OP can order a custom cake from Disney to be delivered to a TS restaurant. Some of the cakes look so nice and add such a special touch to the occasion!

MissDisney1955
01-18-2017, 12:00 AM
Wow!!! That is amazing!!! I didn't know about all that!!! How do I go about ordering the cake? That seems amazing!

tea4two
01-18-2017, 03:18 AM
Cake info as follows (this is from another board). Also, I've read that other posters have had anniversary cakes, not just children's cakes or birthday cakes. Talk with the CM when you call.

************************************************** ***********************************
Cake Offerings

Here are the choices for ordering a cake… * Cakes require 72 hours notice. *

Mickey Mouse / Minnie Mouse Cake

Cake flavor

· Vanilla

· Chocolate

Size

· 10” round ‐ serves 8‐10 Guests. Price: $62

Disney Princess Cakes

The Princess Cakes are available with one of the following: Belle, Aurora, Cinderella, Tiana, Ariel on rock, Ariel on water

Cake Flavor

· Vanilla(1 filling and 1 frosting)

· Chocolate(1 filling and 1 frosting)

· Red Velvet (cream cheese filling / vanilla butter cream frosting)

Cake Filling

· Vanilla Custard

· Whipped Cream

· White Chocolate Mousse

· Dark Chocolate Mousse

Cake Frosting

· Whipped Cream

· Vanilla Butter Cream

Size

· 6” Round Cake - serves 6 Guests. Price: $39

· 10” Round Cake ‐serves 8‐10 Guests. Price: $62

· ¼ Sheet Cake - serves 20 Guests. Price: $80

· ½ Sheet Cake - serves 40 Guests. Price: $110

Classic Cake

Cake Flavor

· Vanilla(1 filling and 1 frosting)

· Chocolate(1 filling and 1 frosting)

· Red Velvet (cream cheese filling / vanilla butter cream frosting)

Cake Filling

· Vanilla Custard

· Whipped Cream

· White Chocolate Mousse

· Dark Chocolate Mousse

Cake Frosting

· Whipped Cream

· Vanilla Butter Cream

· Chocolate Whip Cream

Size

· 6” Round Cake- serves 6 Guests. Price: $39

· 10” Round Cake ‐serves 8‐10 Guests. Price: $62

· ¼ Sheet Cake - serves 20 Guests. Price: $80

· ½ Sheet Cake - serves 40 Guests. Price: $110

· Full Sheet Cake - serves 80 Guests. Price: $158

Character Images Figurine –

(1 image for 6” , 10” or ¼ cakes , up to 2 for ½ sheet, up to 3 for full sheet cakes)

· Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto

· Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Lightning McQueen, Jack Skellington

· TinkerBell, Ariel, Tiana

Please contact Disney Vacation Planning at (714) 300-7526, option 2, or (714) 781-4438 to make further arrangements. We look forward to assisting with your magical stay!

quackinup
01-18-2017, 05:56 AM
I'm not sure of the current status but you might look into a ride on Lilly Belle.

cstephens
01-18-2017, 06:39 AM
I'm not sure of the current status but you might look into a ride on Lilly Belle.

Not going to work since the trains aren't running.

candles71
01-18-2017, 06:48 AM
Not going to work since the trains aren't running.
With a follow up message in July. The train may be back up by their celebration. They said Summer to reopen.
Don't count on it now but tuck it away as possible.

MissDisney1955
01-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Thank you all so much for the help!! This is gonna be awesome!!! I want to plan a whole special day for them for of surprises and this all sounds wonderful!! Thank you for the help!

Disneyphile
01-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Thank you all so much for the help!! This is gonna be awesome!!! I want to plan a whole special day for them for of surprises and this all sounds wonderful!! Thank you for the help!If you go the Napa Rose route - request Saucy as their server. He is absolutely amazing and would really make it memorable for them. :)

currence
01-18-2017, 12:55 PM
If you go the Napa Rose route - request Saucy as their server. He is absolutely amazing and would really make it memorable for them. :)

We've had Saucy...it was definitely an experience!

MissDisney1955
01-18-2017, 01:12 PM
Oh that's very cool! And yes I want to end their day at napa rose so I will definitely ask for saucy :)

cactusgirl
01-18-2017, 07:38 PM
Just a note on the Chef's Counter--there are two seatings per evening--5:30 and 8:30. To get the Chef's Counter you have to call Napa Rose directly. Unlike everything else, you can make reservations a little more than 60 days in advance. They do it 60 days from the month. So, if they are going in late July, you can make this reservation May 1st as the May 1st date opens up all reservations for July. Does this make sense? There are only 12 spaces for the Chef's Counter and they go pretty quick.

MissDisney1955
01-18-2017, 09:34 PM
Thank you!! That is good to know in advance, I appreciate that. Can I just Google the number I suppose? Or does Disney dining have to transfer me? Do you know? And thank you again!

cstephens
01-18-2017, 09:44 PM
Thank you!! That is good to know in advance, I appreciate that. Can I just Google the number I suppose?

Here's the direct number for Napa Rose - 714-300-7170. Note that if you are just requesting a regular table, you can request a specific server, but if you're booking the Chef's Counter, you'll get whichever server is assigned to your section that night.

tea4two
01-18-2017, 10:27 PM
For the counter, you may request a specific server at the time you make the reservation. The CM will tell you that there are no guarantees, but that your request will be noted. Repeat the request when you check in. Again, no guarantees. But every time we've done this, we've been seated with the server of our choice. (Even if this doesn't work, all the servers at the counter are great!) And, when you make the reservation, let the CM know that this is for a 50th anniversary celebration. Repeat this when you check in. The dessert plates can be decorated with "Congratulations!" or something like that.