PDA

View Full Version : So Cal AP's?

scanmom
01-05-2004, 06:56 AM
I asked this ? on another board, but seem to get better responses here, so I will ask all the MPers too.....Can anyone get a So Cal AP, or do you have to live in So Cal? I had read that anyone could get it, but I just put 2 rooms at DLH on hold using the AP rate and the reservationist said you have to LIVE in So Cal to buy that pass. I know alot of times the people at CRO are misinformed, so I thought I would ask the REAL experts!!LOL!!! I was going to get everyone in my party an AP, but if I have to buy the Delux AP, it will be more that my budget will allow, so I will have to start planning again! Please let me know if I can do this! I appreciate your help!!!TIA~~~:p

Brian Noble
01-05-2004, 07:20 AM
My SIL was at the resort over New Years (she's a director at the Michigan Alumni Assoc. So, the football game wasn't so hot from her perspective, but they had fun anyway.) She is also a Michigan resident (no where near Southern California) and bought four for us---no ID required, no problem.

Beware, though, that this can change any time, and has in the past. You might want to think about what you'd do if, on arriving, you *can't* buy them. Options include having a second hotel reservation elsewhere that you can cancel at the last second. However, be sure you can cancel *either* reservation when you arrive, since if the $60 will put you over budget, you don't even want to consider what being charged a no-show night would do!

scanmom
01-05-2004, 07:38 AM
We will have 9 people in our group, so it would be $60.00x 9!! That adds up, especially since I am paying for EVERYTHING! Meals, hotel, tix, transportation.... you get the idea! Thanks for your help! I will have to think this over.....hey, can I order the passes and have the vouchers mailed to me...assuming I find a CM that will do it!!? !!:D

Brian Noble
01-05-2004, 08:59 AM
I've tried calling to order them to no avail, though I suppose there is always hope.

However, you probably only need *one* AP (or maybe one per room booked) to get the discount, if there are other tickets that fit your budget/length-of-trip.

Kimi_Coconuts
01-05-2004, 11:54 AM
We live in No CA and went the week before Christmas and bought So Cal AP's for our family. They had to ask but then the person gave them to us and said they could do so because we held AP's before (they were expired AP's). I don't really know if the expired AP's helped us or the CM was just allowed to give them to us.

I was REALLY happy though.