PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror's theme different?

rcman2001
01-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey this isn't that big of a deal, but I was reading an article, http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20031230/APN/312301033 , and it says in here that the float was made to advertise a ride themed of a hotel struck by lightning, and damaged by an earthquake. Is it true that it will have an earthquake theme (not that that changes much)?

9oldmen
01-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah, lightening, an earthquake, and a swarm of locusts. I think this article is in error. You can read reports of what the new version of the ride might be like on this, and other boards, as well as on Disney's official sites. I doubt that the "Herald Tribune" got a hold of some secret information that no one else here has.

9oldmen
01-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Actually, I should ammend that. First, I misspelled "lightning", and also, since the Hotel is supposed to be nearly a century old, it certainly has been in a few quakes, just like every other building in Los Angeles. And now that we just had a recent quake, centered in Northern California, DCA's Tower of Terror can claim to have survived an earthquake itself, something that Florida's can't, although, I don't quite see our's being hit by a hurricane.