PDA

View Full Version : Wish we had Tortilla Factory Tours!

Loric
01-03-2004, 02:11 AM
For everyone who complains about your tortilla factory tour and how it could be 'better' and perhaps a real attraction like a ride...

I give you evidence to the contrary.. (yes, it's Disney)

Worse than tortillas (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=ElRiodelTiempoAttractionPage)

Note: Make sure you're viewing the high bandwidth version of the site for full auditory stimulation.

Disneyphile
01-03-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Loric
Note: Make sure you're viewing the high bandwidth version of the site for full auditory stimulation.
AGH!!! Make it stop! Make it stop! Argh, not right before bed.... now I'm going to have dreams of floating on a glittered foam slab down a backed-up drainage ditch in Tijuana while passing some Small World dolls singing "La Cucaracha"! Oh, the agony!

And how the heck do they classify that as "Romance and Relaxation"?? It's about as romantic as the intestinal flu.

I still wouldn't trade you the Boudin Sourdough Bread "attraction" for that one. Yikes!

:eek:

DL4EVER
01-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Well, I would take tortillas and bread over paddling a canoe (Disneyland) any day. I am too lazy to not only be paddling myself, but OTHERS around an island in a canoe.

efoxx
01-03-2004, 03:17 PM
:mad: hey I like El rio.

its a LOT better then the tortilla factory.
although like so many things it could be better.

scanmom
01-03-2004, 06:59 PM
especially the scene with the fireworks!:p

sambo
01-03-2004, 11:02 PM
I guess if you've never seen a tortilla being made - it could be exciting. :p

I'll take a boat ride with singing dolls and corny music anyday. Watching tortillas being made is like watching paint dry...

Disneyphile
01-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by sambo
Watching tortillas being made is like watching paint dry...
True. It's not like they don't make tortillas in restaurants nowadays. Chevy's anyone? At least there, you don't pay $47 admission, and you get a meal out of the deal. ;)

CoasterMatt
01-04-2004, 06:29 AM
At least El Rio is actually a ride...

Just a quick question, Loric, have you actually been on El Rio? Or is this another "the video looks bad, so the ride must be bad" deal?

DL4EVER
01-04-2004, 11:41 AM
I would have to go with the Tortilla factory. I didn't like El Rio too much. But then again I find automated machines intriguing, but oh well, to each their own. Now in no way am I condoning that I wouldn't want a ride in it's place, but not THAT ride, or anything similar to it.

Loric
01-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by CoasterMatt
At least El Rio is actually a ride...

Just a quick question, Loric, have you actually been on El Rio? Or is this another "the video looks bad, so the ride must be bad" deal?

Several times. Did you know the Mexican Cast Members hide their shoes in the attraction after their contract with the company is over?

Oh, and on the other side of World Showcase the Canadian CM's celebrate too - by jumping in the waterfall by the O-Canada theater.

Side Note: If you're going to dismiss anything I say because of how I view some attraction you've got on a pedestal - you're gonna miss a lot of good information I happen to have.

sleepyjeff
01-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Hey, that was my second favourite ride in World Showcase at EPCOT.:)

Mark Goldhaber
01-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Um, there are currently only two rides in World Showcase.... :p

Loric
01-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Mark Goldhaber
Um, there are currently only two rides in World Showcase.... :p

Well, assuming Friendships are a form of transportation.

Mark Goldhaber
01-04-2004, 05:42 PM
I think that's how Jeff is counting them....

ModHatter
01-05-2004, 12:15 AM
I'll go on record... I dig El Rio. Partly because it makes that Mexican version of Blue Bayou possible... If you've ever eaten there, you should understand.

But beyond that, they have some interesting and fun visuals (the fireworks, and my personal favorite, the little "pool" created by projected image).

I'll admit, there's not one ride that involves Disney and a boat that I don't like. But El Rio is a ride I loved as a kid, loved several times each trip I made to WDW last year, and will love until the day I keel over.

millionairegirl
01-05-2004, 06:09 AM
It's the worst attraction at WDW! Especially the part when the merchants try to sell you their wares-argh! How insulting! The decorations are so cheap, and the music isn't even that great. I guess the fireworks are kind of cool, but other than that it's a big waste of my time.

But I'm sure other people love it:)

Loric
01-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by ModHatter

I'll admit, there's not one ride that involves Disney and a boat that I don't like. But El Rio is a ride I loved as a kid, loved several times each trip I made to WDW last year, and will love until the day I keel over.

You know they did research and discovered that guests prefer rides that are boats and that they find the experience more enjoyable in general?

Might explain why the Land boat ride is so popular...

CoasterMatt
01-05-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Loric
Might explain why the Land boat ride is so popular...

That might be the one ride I'd prefer a tortilla factory over ;)

BTW Loric, I'm not trying to dismiss your opinions on attractions, I was just asking an honest question whether or not you had ridden El Rio.

experiment626
01-05-2004, 05:06 PM
I guess everyone has their own opinion. I like El Rio. What I really thought was dumb was the Norway Ride, I mean where is the rest of it?

ModHatter
01-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Okay, I liked Norway too... again, the whole boat thing. Besides, it goes backwards.

But yeah... unless there's someone cute running the movie, that part needs to go away.