PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Honeymoon

bassett1976
01-02-2004, 11:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone had some ideas for a place to stay for my honeymoon. We wanted to get down to the Disneyland area for a few days around the 4th of July in 2004.

Does anyone have suggestions to places to stay. We looked into getting one of the three main hotels at the DLR but they are a bit expensive during that time of year. We kind of wanted to look to see if they had anything else in the nearby area.

Things we are looking for
1) Quiet rooms
2) Close proximity to the DLR (like across the street)
3) Any jacuzzi suites
4) Fireworks observation decks that you can actually see the fireworks.
5) other ammenities

I have looked at many web sites that tell us about the hotel but I don't feel they give a great discription of the rooms.

Any input would be appreciated.

Morrigoon
01-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Wow. You picked the worst possible weekend for it. No really.

That said, however, I can still make some suggestions for you. Can't get you jacuzzi, fireworks, or walking distance from DL, but the Embassy Suites a couple miles down Harbor Blvd is really nice, and definitely quiet.

If you want to view DL's fireworks, try the DLH - but make sure you're in the middle tower (anyone remember if that's the Sierra tower? I forget). Another option is to plan to be in the park for the fireworks, or do what my friend did for New Year's and be in DTD.

Have you considered spending 4th of July in San Diego? They do some fantastic stuff on Coronado Island, and the weather can't be beat.