PDA

View Full Version : So mad I could...

JazzBaby
01-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Okay, so yesterday we hike down from Minnie and my son needs to visit the loo before we board the tram. I'm standing about mid plaza and I watch him come out of the door. Just as he does I see something white hit his shoulder...he stops, looks up, fumes, goes back into the john then stalks out a moment later with a wet spot on the jacket where the white thing had been. In an attempt to cheer him up I made some lame jokes about errant pidgeons.

"Sorry" he growled, "I'm not in a joking mood. Someone just spit on me."

Now what I want to know is: Where was parking security when this person was hawking up a loogie and propelling it over the side of Mickey & Friends? Maybe if the parking patrol spent a little less time trying to figure out ways to park AP's in Garden Grove and a little more time checking out what miscreants were doing while loitering on the upper levels my son wouldn't need a new jacket.

-Jazz:eek:

HBTiggerFan
01-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Are you sure it wasn't bird droppings? I ask because there are lotsa birds.

If it wasn't then :| :mad: That is SO HORRIBLE! The structure security I've seen is on bikes, riding around, not watching the edges.

RStar
01-02-2004, 10:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about that, it's horrible.

But the security is not in place to make sure some foul idiots keep their spit in their own face, unfortunatly. We would hope that people as a civilized society could refrain from such volgar actions, but some people seemed to have miss the boat on it's way here.

And it happends all over the place, not just Disneyland. As much as we would like to not have such realities invade our trips to the parks, and as much as Disney would like to prevent it, it's just not possible to be in all places all the time. There are cameras all over the place, and people do get caught some of the time. So if these creatins continue to behave like barbariens, I'm sure they will eventualy get their just deserts.

TP2000
01-03-2004, 12:57 AM
I think the Security guys in the parking structure are looking for car thiefs, rapists, or terrorists trying to plant bombs at key structural parts of the building. Or, they could be looking for suicidal people who are going to shoot themselves in the head inside their Ford Explorer, like that one nutcase did on Level 3 a year or so ago. I doubt they can see every 13 year old punk kid who quickly hawks a loogey (that's how I spell it) over the side of the escalator.

I find it fascinating that the Disneyland CM's would be "blamed" for this.

SoCalDisneyLover
01-03-2004, 02:31 AM
It's Eisner's Fault!

JazzBaby
01-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Are you sure it wasn't bird droppings? I ask because there are lotsa birds.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first when I saw something hit him. But he's 16, he knows the difference.

I find it fascinating that the Disneyland CM's would be "blamed" for this.

I never "blamed" a CM, either specifically or en masse. What I want to know is, with so many of them wandering the structure in uniforms, on bicycles and in security vehicles looking for God knows what why aren't they looking for people loitering around the edges? If they're trying to prevent someone from jumping that would be a prime place to check out, at least in my humble opinion.

It's Eisner's Fault!

Works for me! :D

-Jazz

Morrigoon
01-03-2004, 09:59 AM
You know, it takes so little time to spit over the edge of a structure, that even if they saw it happen on the cameras (which I doubt), they could hardly get there in time to do anything about it.

SoCalDisneyLover
01-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Yeah...unless the person was totally obvious about it, all they had to do was go to the edge, look over the side, spit and then resume walking to the escalators. Then they would be gone. Only possible way something like that could be detected is if someone down below saw them and alerted security, or a camera on the outside of the building, was fixed upon that area, and caught the actual spit going down. All it really says is that some people are just losers. But they certainly had excellent aim, when you consider the distance involved.

Also makes you want to be more aware not to stand directly below the parking structure overhang when waiting for the trams.

Not Afraid
01-03-2004, 10:43 AM
I bet this was a 14 year old boy who is old enough to wander away from the driver and do something stupid. I'm sure they looked over the edge and decided at the last minute to spit - getting lucky with the target.

Ahhh, how delightful 14 year olds are.:rolleyes:

Kuzcotopia
01-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Ahh... you're lucky.

Ask me about the time on the old elevated Rocket Jets when my friend got off feeling a little bit too dizzy. Luckily my other friend got him to lean over the railing instead of getting on the elevator.

Not so lucky for the bald-headed man walking underneath, though. :eek:

TP2000
01-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by JazzBaby
Maybe if the parking patrol spent a little less time trying to figure out ways to park AP's in Garden Grove and a little more time checking out what miscreants were doing while loitering on the upper levels my son wouldn't need a new jacket.

-Jazz:eek:

Sorry I misunderstood you. But the sentence above sounded as though you were placing blame to me. Even when I re-read your initital post it sounds as though you feel that the Security/Parking CM's are not doing their job properly in your opinion, and that their perceived lack of competence is what led to your son being spit on.

MonorailMan
01-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Ahhh, how delightful 14 year olds are.:rolleyes:

So true. :~D

Grover2001
01-05-2004, 11:14 AM
a little more time checking out what miscreants were doing while loitering on the upper levels my son wouldn't need a new jacket.
[/QUOTE]

It is a shame about what happened but is a new jacket really necessary?

DisneyFan25863
01-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
So true. :~D

Wern't you 14 when you joined this place? :fez:

And NA, I find that extreamly offensive. My lawyers will be contacting you shortly regarding my emotional stress that has been a direct result of your post. :~D

But yes, I do agree that there are many 14 year olds who would do this. It's sick. :mad: