PDA

View Full Version : Jan. 2 Live From Innoventions

imagineerhopeful
01-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone. Happy new year.

Some new things are around today...
The big one is the ToT float from the Rose parade. Up close it doesn't seem as tall as it did during the parade on TV. On a CM guide for this week, it lists a number of special events that were supposed to surround the float. Due to the rain it was cancelled. (I didn't see anything as described)

Apparently a local Boy's & Girl's club was invited to a sneak peek at the real tower today. They wore yellow plastic hard hads with a ToT logo on front. The kids told me "the inside was very cool."
It looked like they had a great time...

Innoventions isn't operating the segways today. I brought my ID and everything. :(
Alot of CMs buzzing around on them in TL though.

The construction wall surrounding the demolition for Buzz seems to be extended further into Tomorrowland. I'm not completely sure of this, but if it has been extended it is only by a few feet. Can someone confirm or deny this?

That's all for now. I might check back in later.
Have a good day everyone.

P.S. Im proudly wearing my :fez: button.

DisneyFan25863
01-02-2004, 04:44 PM
So THATS what they were for! I saw them over by the TOT float today :fez:

I wasn't impressed either :(

I can't believe how crowded DL was. DCA was empty, but DL was PACKED! :eek:

snitcherus
01-02-2004, 05:11 PM
I'm so sorry about the Segways, Imagineer! I got to ride one on January 1, and it was pretty cool. But they don't let you go very fast or very far on your own. And the wait was about 45 minutes. Still, it was pretty neat. But don't be too sad! I'll post pictures and video soon.

uberfrau
01-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Hey, I got to ride a Segway! I was there on Friday and they were letting people ride them. Yeah, the line was kinda long, but it was fun. this must have been around 1 or 2pm or so. Easily the longest line I've ever seen in Innoventions.