PDA

View Full Version : Embassy Suites South

scanmom
01-02-2004, 01:05 PM
has anyone stayed here? We are thinking of a March trip and I found a pretty good rate for it. How far is it from DLR? Any other info is appreciated!!TIA!!:p

JosieGirl71
01-02-2004, 02:27 PM
You can try looking up reviews on www.tripadvisor.com. Have a good trip!

MouseWife
01-02-2004, 02:30 PM
What is the addy?

I've stayed at the one which is officially in Garden Grove. This one {in G.G.} is only a few years old. It is very nice and clean.
The shuttle service is fantastic.

It is located in an area with two other very nice hotels. Buca de Beppo's is in the parking lot. Also we walked to Carrow's. Cheaper food is Jack's across the street.

The breakfast is served up nicely and the evening reception was pretty nice, too.

The work out room isn't very big and not much as far as weights are concerned {or rather what I knew what to do with} but great equipment like treadmills,a bike, and a stepper. I took down my boombox and really enjoyed my workout. BUT mys on reminded me that at night people can see right in from the front of the hotel......The pool was open late but outdoors. Cold but not a long walk to the hall and back into the hotel. Dry your feet though {or water shoes} 'cause the floor will be very slippery......

Now, if this isn't the same hotel...........

:fez:

scanmom
01-02-2004, 04:25 PM
is 11767 harbor blvd. garden grove. It sounds like this is the same one you were at, mousewife! How far is it to DLR? How do they do the b-fast, with each person having a voucher, or does everyone have to go down at the same time and use the room key? We have a couple that would get up early, and a couple that would rather sleep in and have a little later b-fast! what kind of things are served at the managers reception? is it just snacks, or a light meal? Is the shuttle shared with other resorts? We will have our car, and usually avoid shuttles, but we may use it if we end up splitting up. Sorry for all the ?'s....I am already excited, this will be my nieces and nephews 1st trip ANYWHERE! I can hardly wait to see their faces when we get to the parks! (they are 13 and 15 y/o)!!! Thanks!:D

AVP
01-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by scanmom
has anyone stayed here? There are three reviews for the Embassy Suites - Anaheim South (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrembassysuitesanaheimsouth) in the fabulous MousePlanet Restaurant and Hotel Reviews (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi) system.

The property has an average rating of 4.3 Planets. Please be sure to add your own reviews to the system when you get back from your trip, so other readers can benefit from your experience!

AVP

MouseWife
01-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Well....Hubby said it is about 3/4's of a mile but I think it is way farther than that. {if you go to the site it will tell you for sure}. I wouldn't walk.

The breakfast~ when you check in, they give you a card for the days you will be there to attend the breakfast and managers reception. Kids 18 and under being free, they didn't get their own card. But, they didn't have any problems {the card has the date on it where it becomes valid through the day it expires, written by the clerk}.

It is a made to order breakfast with the drinks and such on either side {coffee, juice, hot cocoa} and cold cereals and fruit as well. You can have French toast, omelettes, fried eggs, hash browns, sausage and or bacon. This is from memory as usually hubby brings me up my breakfast. :D

The times vary between weekday and weekend. I forget the timing......I think they serve until later on weekends, not sure.

The managers reception was basically chips, nuts, popcorn with drinks for the adults {wine, mixed drinks} and soda for the kids.

The shuttle is for three hotels and coming back at night it was crowded. It is second for picking up to head into Disneyland. I would use the shuttle, you will have to walk from too far if you park in the structure. It runs twice an hour, I believe, they give you a schedule so you may want to carry it with you. You don't need to show a key, the driver, ours was Spider, will remember you. He did us. LOL Oh, you will want to remember for sure where they dropped you off and what the bus looked like!! It says what hotels it goes to, just make sure and remember that! I found it very convenient and didn't want to drive at all. Oh, just make sure that it will be running if you want to stay later, or make sure and catch the last one!! They don't come and get you!

Don't worry about the questions. I can imagine how excited you are!! To take someone who hasn't been before? Rare! Oh, and if you get the kids their own keys it will be convenient. They will give you as many keys as you need.

Love the set up. They have a microwave, and a fridge so if you eat out and have left overs you can munch on them later. A full sized table was also convenient.

I hope that you have a lot of fun!! Keep planning!!

KinLA
01-03-2004, 10:42 PM
I agree that it's too far for most to walk to DLR from the hotel.

If the shuttle area is crowded in front of the Embassy Suites, head over to the Hampton Inn (just across the parking lot, 1 minute walk). The shuttle picks up (and drops off) at that hotel first.

Target is a block or two away, an easy walk, and is a handy place to purchase snacks and drinks.