PDA

View Full Version : Main Gate Closures?

amazedncal
12-28-2016, 06:08 AM
So sorry, I know the answer has been posted multiple times, but I can't seem to find the "steps" for gate closures due to capacity. We are heading down next week (crazy I know) so I'd like to be proactive. I know that going through a gate in the am is crucial to get past the first entry closure. I'm stuck after that:confused:

CMHusband
12-28-2016, 08:45 AM
So sorry, I know the answer has been posted multiple times, but I can't seem to find the "steps" for gate closures due to capacity. We are heading down next week (crazy I know) so I'd like to be proactive. I know that going through a gate in the am is crucial to get past the first entry closure. I'm stuck after that:confused:
Basically get there early and don't leave. If you do, get your hand stamped. It gives you priority to get back in but is not a guarantee.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

olegc
12-28-2016, 08:55 AM

If you are going next week (after Jan 1) the chance for park closure is significantly less than this week (though the park never closed on the 27th when I was there all day). You have the comment from CMHusband - and I will also keep an eye on Twitter as @DisneylandToday does post when the park is getting close to capacity (they say "the park is very busy").

amazedncal
12-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Thank you CMHusband. Hand stamp, that's good to know. We've had AP's in the past so parkhoppers are new-ish for us.
olegc, Thank you for keeping an eye on twitter. I guess, I should learn about that.

Now that I think about it, our start date will be New Years Day. We have gone a few times during this vacation time and keep telling ourselves that THIS time we'll just enjoy being there :) No need to do this or that :) HA! but we were just there during Halloween time. We do have PS's for meals but that can be a tad concerning too if we get closed out. Maybe we just need to camp out with everyone else:eyeroll:

I know I've read someplace that they start with closures to new admits and then it moves on from there. Hotel guests? AP's? or is this something from the past?
We know to hang out for awhile and wait for them to re open.

CMHusband
12-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Thank you CMHusband. Hand stamp, that's good to know. We've had AP's in the past so parkhoppers are new-ish for us.
olegc, Thank you for keeping an eye on twitter. I guess, I should learn about that.

Now that I think about it, our start date will be New Years Day. We have gone a few times during this vacation time and keep telling ourselves that THIS time we'll just enjoy being there :) No need to do this or that :) HA! but we were just there during Halloween time. We do have PS's for meals but that can be a tad concerning too if we get closed out. Maybe we just need to camp out with everyone else:eyeroll:

I know I've read someplace that they start with closures to new admits and then it moves on from there. Hotel guests? AP's? or is this something from the past?
We know to hang out for awhile and wait for them to re open.
It's all about who is in the park and that hand stamp. But I can't think of a time where both parks were closed at the same time, so you can always find something to do. And they do try to open it up as soon as possible.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3Princesses1Prince
12-28-2016, 12:26 PM
If you are going next week (after Jan 1) the chance for park closure is significantly less than this week (though the park never closed on the 27th when I was there all day). You have the comment from CMHusband - and I will also keep an eye on Twitter as @DisneylandToday does post when the park is getting close to capacity (they say "the park is very busy").

DL did close around 1 pm yesterday according to some reports. You may not have known if you didn't leave. I know I've been there when it closed and reopened and I had no clue. My comings and goings were timed right I guess.

olegc
12-28-2016, 01:56 PM
There were no Twitter announcements and usually there are. The only thing I saw was "lots of guests enjoying our parks today" which I would take to mean it's getting close. Though none of that is official its what I have observed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cstephens
12-29-2016, 02:02 AM
DL did close around 1 pm yesterday according to some reports.

Closed to people who hadn't been into either park yet, or closed to everyone, including those with hand stamps?

3Princesses1Prince
12-29-2016, 07:18 AM
Closed to people who hadn't been into either park yet, or closed to everyone, including those with hand stamps?

The message I had seen from a CM was that "DL had reached capacity."

3Princesses1Prince
12-29-2016, 08:03 AM
Oh and my niece was there and commented they had reached capacity as well.

Malcon10t
12-30-2016, 11:15 PM
Closed to people who hadn't been into either park yet, or closed to everyone, including those with hand stamps?It was closed to all at one point on the 27th, very briefly (under an hour.) On the 28th it only closed to new entries in the afternoon for a bit.