PDA

View Full Version : Castle Heraldry Shoppe at Disneyland closing January 12

AVP
12-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Posted on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Castle-Heraldry-Shoppe-Disneyland-411208222292005/):

Sad News, As of January 12th, 2017, The Castle Heraldry Shoppe will be closing. Disneyland is going to prepare the area for a new experience to be announced. There is no room in Fantasyland to move the Shoppe, so we will be closing. If there is a product you have your eye on now is the time to purchase. In addition any products bought that require time to make these items will be completed and sent out after the closure. We will continue to offer unique items until January 12th. Stop in and see what we have to offer.

My guess is either an enhanced queue for Peter Pan, or a new meet-and-greet.

AVP

cstephens
01-01-2017, 07:57 PM
I'm hearing that the space is being used to install Fastpass and more queue space for Peter Pan.

Oh, and Pirates is apparently getting Fastpass again.

Berry Princess
01-02-2017, 08:24 PM
I'm hearing that the space is being used to install Fastpass and more queue space for Peter Pan.

Oh, and Pirates is apparently getting Fastpass again.

Which those of us that were going back when Pirates had it before know the nightmare that became and why it was dropped. I see that happening again and it happening to Peter Pan. SMH

cstephens
01-02-2017, 09:52 PM
Which those of us that were going back when Pirates had it before know the nightmare that became and why it was dropped. I see that happening again and it happening to Peter Pan. SMH

I agree, having FP on Pirates made the ride actually load slower. However, I'm guessing the push to add FP to both rides is because they want to implement a similar FP+ process like at WDW.

Berry Princess
01-03-2017, 07:41 AM
I agree, having FP on Pirates made the ride actually load slower. However, I'm guessing the push to add FP to both rides is because they want to implement a similar FP+ process like at WDW.

Supposedly that is what has been floating around for awhile. Which those waits will get much worse with FP no matter how it is set up. I take it that is why the Castle Heraldly Shoppe would be leaving. If they don't add some sort of spot to keep the longer line it will make that walkway so much more of a nightmare than it gets now when it ends up out there. Which then it also could still end up a bigger nightmare depending on where people would enter for FP and when that line would back up (like the Star Tours one does once in awhile).

GrumpyGoofyGuy
01-03-2017, 06:48 PM
FP at Pirates might work better now that they are enforcing FP return times? To be honest I don't remember what it was like when they had it. Maybe it was so short lived we missed it altogether.

Berry Princess
01-03-2017, 07:28 PM
It made the stand by line just miserable. It would move so dang slow. We ended up skipping it most the time because of how it was. I just can't see it being better just because of FP times enforced. I can't imagine that has made much of a difference on things. I know there was a few people over the years on boards that would would say they would snag up whatever all day and use later but for the most part I think most people used them when they were suppose to unless the ride was down. That is always the thing that I have seen make FPs back up...whenever the ride goes down that has FP and all the people that try to use them as soon as the ride is back up, along with the ones for that time. LOL While I don't mind the option of FP for rides, I just don't think it should be offered on to many like it seems they want to do. It just makes the people that end up in stand by end up with such a longer and slower line. Heck its that way with the ones that have FP as it is. Guess we will see what happens though whenever they do decide to do this stuff though.

bumblebeeonarose
01-08-2017, 09:01 PM
FP at Pirates might work better now that they are enforcing FP return times? To be honest I don't remember what it was like when they had it. Maybe it was so short lived we missed it altogether.

I'd prefer if they didn't offer FP on Pirates since I don't think it's necessary and do believe FP will make the standby longer, but I agree that the current enforcing of times will make it slightly better than years before. They need to extend the queue more though as it's always backing up into the walkway and causes severe congestion. FP on Peter Pan is a disaster waiting to happen. I might just use that FP though since I hate waiting for the ride. The only thing I can think on this one is that people will only be willing to wait so long to ride Peter Pan, so the standby may not get too much longer and probably won't exceed an hour (it's often 40+ minutes now), but I imagine these FP selling out quickly. I'm looking forward to FP on Matterhorn though. I think that one will work well so long as the FP entrance is where the queue splits. There is also supposed to be FP for Toy Story, which I'm looking forward to, although it's another one where it will likely make the standby even longer. The main benefit to adding so many extra FP rides is that it adds FP slots so more people can get FP at any one time. Of course those in the know will choose Space Mountain over Buzz Lightyear (assuming it gets reconnected). I wonder if they'll bring back the FP for Autopia. Would they add FP to Winnie the Pooh just because they can? We've been waiting on this rumored change for years, appears that it's finally coming but it sure has been slow to be put in place.

Malcon10t
01-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Of course those in the know will choose Space Mountain over Buzz Lightyear (assuming it gets reconnected). I wonder if they'll bring back the FP for Autopia.
Did they disconnect Buzz FP??? And Autopia??

AnotherJenny
01-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Did they disconnect Buzz FP??? And Autopia??

Buzz has been disconnected since they brought it back.

Malcon10t
01-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Buzz has been disconnected since they brought it back.Oh, I thought she meant you couldn't use FP.

bumblebeeonarose
01-10-2017, 09:51 AM
No I was just speculating and wondering. If they're adding FP to rides that don't have it I would hope they would close any loopholes such as the Buzz FP being disconnected and I would hope they would give FP back to Autopia too since they clearly need capacity for this new FP system. But it was all just wondering aloud (in type).

AnotherJenny
01-10-2017, 10:25 AM
No I was just speculating and wondering. If they're adding FP to rides that don't have it I would hope they would close any loopholes such as the Buzz FP being disconnected and I would hope they would give FP back to Autopia too since they clearly need capacity for this new FP system. But it was all just wondering aloud (in type).
Since Disney advertises on Twitter that you can get a Buzz FP at the same time as another FP, I think the loophole is intentional.

JPPT1974
01-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Sorry I did not see that place at Disney Land. As really live over thousands and thousands of miles. But heard it was nice.

sjhanksaz
01-10-2017, 07:58 PM
It was always kind of cool to look at the stuff there. Never bought anything but enjoyed looking.