PDA

View Full Version : Pass upgrade

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
12-18-2016, 05:06 PM
So I've got family coming in for the next 2 weeks and they want to go to the parks for several days (both weeks). Can I just walk up to the ticket booth and upgrade my Signature to SignaturePlus for $200? That would save me some money.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

candles71
12-18-2016, 05:12 PM
Yes.

AnotherJenny
12-18-2016, 09:38 PM
Did you get a renewal discount? If so the difference will be $250.

olegc
12-18-2016, 10:21 PM
OK. It seemed too easy, like there is some sort of catch with sig to Sig Plus after the date.

Why would I have to pay back the discount? Is not the face value of the pass only $200 less? I only get the discount if I do it in the window. Why does this added cost get stuck on?

And I would assume the pass has to be valid to get discounts (sorry, I should know this, but it's been so many years since I had to do this). A three day ticket, with magic morning, is only $45 more but then my pass would not be valid for discounts. Right?

tea4two
12-19-2016, 01:50 AM
You can try calling the AP hotline to see what they say. We haven't done the sig to sig+ upgrade, but we do know a few people who've done it. No one reported having to pay back their renewal discount. And I think the upgrade was pretty straightforward at the ticket booth.

AnotherJenny
12-19-2016, 07:29 AM
I went from deluxe to premium several years ago and they charged the full difference. You don't get credit for face value on any admission, you get credit for what you paid. If there is for some reason an AP cost increase before you upgrade, they'd charge that difference too. It's definitely worth asking for a lead if they remove the renewal discount, but I'd say be prepared to pay the full $150.

olegc
12-19-2016, 01:48 PM
AnotherJenny wins. $250.

currence
12-19-2016, 02:29 PM
That's ridiculous!

Did you try to talk to a manager? If you could have bought the sig+ with a renewal discount originally, I don't see why that discount should be taken away just because you chose to upgrade to sig+ later. Of course, I don't run Disney (clearly) and your time was probably more enjoyably spent inside the park rather than escalating the issue.

olegc
12-19-2016, 03:03 PM
I chalk it up to "it depends which CM you get"

tea4two
12-19-2016, 07:45 PM
Well, this is frustrating, but good info to know. On the bright side, at least you now have full access to 365 days, so you can go with your relatives on any days they choose to visit the parks.

3Princesses1Prince
12-19-2016, 09:08 PM
That's ridiculous!

Did you try to talk to a manager? If you could have bought the sig+ with a renewal discount originally, I don't see why that discount should be taken away just because you chose to upgrade to sig+ later. Of course, I don't run Disney (clearly) and your time was probably more enjoyably spent inside the park rather than escalating the issue.

Exactly my thoughts

AnotherJenny
12-19-2016, 10:41 PM
That's ridiculous!

And I know they don't prorate, so to take away your renewal discount is really just rubbing your nose in it.

CMHusband
12-24-2016, 09:01 PM
They don't take the discount away. You get to keep it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

olegc
12-24-2016, 10:10 PM
They don't take the discount away. You get to keep it

Not true. Mine was taken away. I had to pay $250 to upgrade from Sig to Sig+ but the list price difference is $200. This was as on 12/19.

3Princesses1Prince
12-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Not true. Mine was taken away. I had to pay $250 to upgrade from Sig to Sig+ but the list price difference is $200. This was as on 12/19.

But did your pass price go up since you purchased. They do the difference from what you paid. They should've retained the renewal discount but you'd have to pay the difference from any price increase.

olegc
12-25-2016, 09:53 AM
But did your pass price go up since you purchased. They do the difference from what you paid. They should've retained the renewal discount but you'd have to pay the difference from any price increase.
Nope. 849 for Sig and 1049 for Sig plus. I paid 799 as my renewal last March. So my price was 50 less than list for my Sig. And that's what I paid back when upgrading.

3Princesses1Prince
12-25-2016, 11:18 AM
Well Boo! I would've argued it because if you upgraded when you renewed you would've retained it. Sorry

CMHusband
12-27-2016, 12:13 PM

I'm just telling you what I was told by my wife. She works in tickets as a lead. There might be other circumstances involved. For sure it can get complicated due to the variety of services, tickets offered

currence
12-27-2016, 12:21 PM
Olegc - if you have time on a day that the ticket booth is not very crowded - maybe you can go back and ask for a better explanation as to why they took away your renewal discount? Perhaps someone at that point can refund you the $50?

I know at Disney it often is, but that answer shouldn't be that it just depends on who you talk to.

tea4two
12-27-2016, 09:09 PM
+1. Especially since you can state that you have it on good authority (a ticketing lead) that the discount shouldn't have been taken away.

JPPT1974
12-27-2016, 09:44 PM
Yeah as really find a time where everybody can go. As well as have a lot of fun. That is great!

cstephens
12-28-2016, 08:06 AM
+1. Especially since you can state that you have it on good authority (a ticketing lead) that the discount shouldn't have been taken away.

It would probably work better to have a specific name/person to tell them. Anyone can say that and just make it up.

olegc
12-28-2016, 08:31 AM
It would probably work better to have a specific name/person to tell them. Anyone can say that and just make it up.

i agree - and I don't have that (someone else posted on this thread)

CMHusband
12-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Again. My information is general. There are many circumstances that could affect your particular situation. But if you want to pursue it, you should go to the booth with all your info and ask for a lead and have them double check.

tea4two
12-28-2016, 10:09 PM

We have had to argue AP issues at the ticket booths a few times over the years. We have never had a specific name for reference, but always have brought a print out of the specific online thread from which we got our information. Usually the CM was willing to listen right away, but the one time the CM wasn't open to our plea, reading the printed thread was enough to get the discussion going and bumped up to a lead who cheerfully resolved our issue. Of course there are no guarantees on pursuing this, but we've always been successful in doing things this way.
If you do ask at the booths and the CMs say no, then at least you won't be any worse off than you are now. But if they agree to refund your $50, then that would be great.