PDA

View Full Version : Crowds On 12/31/03

GoldenEars
01-01-2004, 11:47 AM
This was my 3rd year in a row celebrating NYE at DCA, and I felt the crowds were much smaller this year than in the past 2. I'm not sure if the *high* terrorist alert had anything to do with it, but it just seemed odd to me.

And when walking over to Disneyland around 9pm for an hour, it didn't feel as crowded either. Altho I will say that Disneyland was MUCH more crowded than DCA, but not like it has been in the past on NYE.

I had a wonderful time at the Parks, but one thing I really missed at DCA this year were the different themed dance areas that they had last year. They had music from the 60's, 70's, 80's and today, plus each area had parade dancers dancing in costumes of that era...it was really cool and lots of fun! But over all, this year was really good. Besides, the company I was with made up for any disappointments I had about last nights events!:D

One thing I like to point out was the firework show they had on the lagoon over at Paradise Pier at midnight. In my opinion, I thought it was done quite well and was a nice added touch. And we didn't get *smoked out* afterwards.

Happy New Year to everyone on MousePad and here's hoping that 2004 brings us all some WONDERFUL moments at the Parks!

Patrick:)