PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Test? What happened?

karl
01-01-2004, 09:10 AM
So what happened with this great fireworks test for NYE I kept hearing about?

Germboy
01-01-2004, 04:37 PM
I was wondering THE SAME EXACT THING! Fireworks were great, but didn't see as impressive as last year. Timing was just a little off in some parts, not as many fireworks, and a few of the effects didn't seem to come off as they were supposed to. Plus, we were back by IASW and the music was so low we could barely hear it. I didn't hear a word the announcer said...and then to top it off the DJ kept talking while they were announcing.

Overall, though, it was a lot more enjoyable this year--crowds were MUCH less than last year, and the crowds seemed older this year. We noticed right away when we entered the park that, unlike last year, there was no booming rock music throughout the park. (Which to me was good.)

Right after the fireworks, we hopped on IASW and were the second boat of 2004--and the boat before us was a couple. Gave us the chance to video the whole ride!

Happy 2004 everyone!:)

AVP
01-02-2004, 09:54 AM
It was really odd - they had the "countdown cues" as were described to me, but no pyro to go along with it.

Once we realized (at 11:10) that the countdown pyro wasn't going to work, we went home.

AVP

Germboy
01-02-2004, 01:56 PM
What do you mean AVP? What didn't work that you found out about at 11:10 and why did you leave? They shot shells into the sky by IASW (one for each second of the 10 second countdown.):confused:

AVP
01-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Germboy
What do you mean AVP? What didn't work that you found out about at 11:10 and why did you leave? They shot shells into the sky by IASW (one for each second of the 10 second countdown.):confused: As it was explained to me, there were going to be launches from around the resort during the countdown. If you were in Disneyland, you probably heard the little "This is the Tomorrowland Countdown Station" announcement, and something about "checking in with DCA and Downtown Disney," followed by a "we read you loud and clear" annoucement. These happened at 10:30, 11, (and I presume 11:30, but we weren't there for it)

From what I was told, that was SUPPOSED to be a cue for fireworks to be launched from various locations around the resort - the "we read you loud and clear" was supposed to follow those fireworks. That didn't happen. And when the 11:00 one didn't go off as I expected, we decided to leave because we were SO cold. (Tony and I are both fighting off the flu.)

Now, the plans I heard were very tentative, and may have changed a month ago w/o me knowing about it. But I was looking forward to seeing it. I'm am sad that I missed the pyro over DCA.

AVP