PDA

View Full Version : Presidents Day long weekend

2hot
01-01-2004, 08:55 AM
does anyone have any idea how busy it will be on this long weekend. am coming down from Canada with my kids. would like to know what to expect, some books say it will be one of the busiest other don't even mention it as busy. any ideas will help.

thanks

RickW
01-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Kids out of school = busy resort

SoCal Passport Holders are blocked out on Feb 14 - 15 - 16 = not so busy resort, but an indication that they are expecting larger than normal crowds

Six weeks after the Christmas Disney orgy = not so busy resort

Bottom line: more crowded than the week before or the week after, but you'll have a lot of fun.

Donalds Duckie
01-01-2004, 06:02 PM
What about MLK Day weekend, January 17-19? Would Sunday or Monday be better crowdwise???

I'll be staying in CA with some family that weekend. We all have PAPs so we'll definitely go to DLR, we just cannot figure out whether to go Sunday or Monday (I head home Tuesday).

Thanks so much!

Forbin
01-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Here's a general rule, look at the dates on the DLR page.

If it doesn't have any words, then it's fairly empty.
If it says So-Cal - Then lines are like 30 mins
If it says Dlx - Then lines are like 1 hour.
If it says Dlx and it's a holiday weekend (Most of them are) you got 2 hours in line :(

Saratoga75
01-01-2004, 09:45 PM
2hot, It will be pretty busy on President's Day weekend. I have been going to Disneyland every President's Day weekend since 1999, but this year will be the first I dont go. Its not about the crowds--but with Space Mt (which obviously is a reality till 2005), Big Thunder Mountain, and Indiana Jones all offline I just decided till wait till June, when all except space mt are back up and running. The most hectic day will be Saturday!!!--with Sunday it just depends. . some Sundays in years past was just as bad as Sat, and others it was alot better!! Another thing will be the weather -- It was both 00, 01, and maybe 02 President's Day weekend and it started to rain and it cleared the park out. ( less than 5 mins for indy, walk-on for pirates and haunted, 5 mins for matterhorn, 10 for space, etc etc). so that would be a big plus! Expect sizable crowds!!! But its disneyland so have fun!!

TP2000
01-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Presidents Day Weekend is always very, very busy.

Here's a nice rule of thumb.... If your kids are out of school and it's convenient for you to take a few days to go to Disneyland, then that also means that it's convenient for 250 Million other Americans whose children are also out of school at the same time as yours. And that means it will be very, very busy.

Why not try a nice, holiday-free weekend far from any normal school break period? But if you need to follow the masses, then shoot for a Disneyland trip on the major holiday weekends like the rest of the country.

Weekdays in January and February, aside from the nationally recognized holidays, are insanely slow at Disneyland. On those days you have the entire place to yourself, and you just stroll from ride to ride, wander in, and they put you in a vehicle. It's a lot of fun!