PDA

View Full Version : Job at Disneyland

anarcher
09-30-2001, 10:32 AM
Does Any one know How old you have to be To Get A job at DL Or DCA? I'm almost 16. And if i can ,what are the best jobs there. just a Question.
Thanx:)

DisneylandBoy
09-30-2001, 10:35 AM
To get a job at Disneyland, I believe you have to be 17 and/or a Senior in High School. So, you have a little longer to wait.

The best jobs out there . . . Hmm. Well it depends.

Do you like to perform? Is so - be in a show or parade, or become a character.

Do you like working rides? If so - become a ride attendant.

Do you like to perform and work rides? If so - work on the Jungle Cruise or any otehr spiel ride.

There are SOOOOOOOOOO many jobs at Disneyland. Just get one you will enjoy doing.

tinkfreak
09-30-2001, 08:43 PM
Well, technically you could get hired on to DL or DCA when you turn 16, but you would probably have to work in foods, and would hire on as a CT (seasonal). When you are 18, you can pretty much transfer anywhere with the approval of your manager. This means you have to have good attendance and work performance. (pretty easy). I f you are concerned about money (number of hours you work) you might want to try stores. Attractions is a little harder to get into, and you'll get less hours at first. If you like freedom to rome around, try Custodial. Parades and Guest Relations require previous experience. Good luck!

ripplededge
10-01-2001, 10:29 AM
Tinkfreak is right about everything there, except there are 2 ways to transfer. 1 is you can do the usual thing and just ask to be transfered by your manager and the manager of the other department you wish to get into, or you will have to wait for a transfer period.
Again, you can usually get into any department when you are 18, except in security. You have to be 21 and you have to have a driver's license. There are so many shifts right now for security almost everyone has pulled a double or worked a 12 hr. shift since 9/11.
Also, Security is one of the highest paid departments. About 9 to 10 months ago starting wage was $8.55; I don't know if they have increased it, or have decreased it since.
But then again most CM's and some guests say security officers are mean. :crying:

tabacco
10-01-2001, 11:56 AM
I like most of the security people I come into contact with. There's one really great guy who's almost always doing 1st shift guest control over at the MaF tram exit (telling people which park is which direction, etc.).

The only security person I've ever disliked is the one who always seems to work the security checkpoint at TDA. The guy with white hair and a moustache. He was even rude to me when I asked to use his telephone directory.

ripplededge
10-03-2001, 09:15 PM
Ya, that S/O at the end of DTD is cool! I know who you are talking about!
Altho I can think of a bunch at TDA, if it is in the afternoon, then the guy is cool, but I don't know in the morning. Afternoon S/O's at TDA are usually friendly.

Morrigoon
10-03-2001, 09:46 PM
Ginger, west side security.... she's the coolest!

tabacco
10-03-2001, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Ginger, west side security.... she's the coolest!

Doh! I forgot Ginger! She's great, if a bit too perky during canoe practice at 5:45am :)