PDA

View Full Version : The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - 13th Hour Party at DCA on New Year's Day

AVP
12-07-2016, 09:09 AM
https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/250452-2/ToT1-072416-AVP.jpg

If you want to be among the very last to ride the Disney California Adventure version of the Tower of Terror attraction before it closes forever on January 2, 2017, Disney is now offering tickets to a private after-hours "13th Hour" party on Sunday, January 1, 2017.

The three-hour party runs from 10:00 p.m. on New Year's Day to 1:00 a.m. the morning of Monday, January 2. The Tower of Terror attraction will still be open to the public on January 2, but event attendees will at least be able to say they were there on "closing day."

According to the event website (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/twilight-zone-tower-of-terror-dessert-party/), the event includes:

Enjoyment of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in its original version for the duration of the party
Dessert buffet, coffee, soda and water
Entertainment provided by a debonair emcee and the plucky Silver Lake Sisters
Special photo locations
Signature non-alcoholic beverages and cocktails for an additional cost
Commemorative keepsake available for purchase
One of the last opportunities to purchase Twilight Zone Tower of Terror merchandise

Reading between the lines, this is a dessert party with a no-host bar. There is no "lovely parting gift" announced, but you can shop at the Tower Gifts store before the final-day visitors snap up the remaining commemorative merchandise.

This is also a fancy-dress affair, and you are "encouraged to dress in your finest Hollywood Golden Age style."

Tickets are $95 per person, plus tax and gratuity (because there is food served during the event). You can purchase tickets online at the event website (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/twilight-zone-tower-of-terror-dessert-party/), or by phone via the Disney Dine Line at 714-781-3463.

pixar
12-07-2016, 10:20 AM
The five-hour party runs from 10:00 p.m. on New Year's Day to 1:00 a.m. the morning of Monday, January 2. The Tower of Terror attraction will still be open to the public on January 2, but event attendees will at least be able to say they were there on "closing day."

Would that be a three-hour party?

Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Will see if I can be there that day.

currence
12-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Would that be a three-hour party?

Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Will see if I can be there that day.

Yep :)

I was going to suggest that it could be a 5-hour party if they allowed you to enter two hours before the party officially started - like they often do for the Halloween parties. But I looked at the website and even though you can check in starting at 8pm, it claims that you can't actually enter until 10pm. That's going to be a long line to enter if accurate! Who would want to get there late if the party is only for 3 hours?

tea4two
12-08-2016, 07:05 PM
With all the elevators running, how many people can the ride process in 3 hours? Especially if people are getting back in line for repeat rides? At a little over $30 per hour. Hmmm.

quackinup
12-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Hey, you can get 5 hours between 10 and 1 in the Twilight Zone.

MidwayManiac
01-02-2017, 09:30 PM
OC Register's article on the final drop of Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ride-740073-last-disney.html)

The images in the slide show along with ones recently run by OCR of the "Hollywood Tower Hotel" lettering removed from the building were difficult to look at.

It's the end of an era, and in more ways than one for me personally. Among my earliest and fondest childhood memories was tuning into reruns of Twilight Zone. Each time I hopped on ToT, I was taken back to that childhood. I feel like I've lost one more link to my youth. With this passing of loved ones and the march of time, those links are harder to come by.

I was disappointed to not be there for a final ride since the announcement. We'll return with annual passes eventually. The incentive to make it sooner than later diminished some now that the curtain's drawn on this classic ride.