PDA

View Full Version : Details of the Main Street Electrical Parade Premiere Event at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
12-06-2016, 08:30 AM
https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/228826-4/DFX39589-Edit.jpg

The Disney Parks Blog (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/12/main-street-electrical-parade-returns-to-disneyland-park-january-20/) announced Monday that the Main Street Electrical Parade will return to Disneyland on January 20, 2017 and will run nightly through June 18, 2017. More details about that in this MousePad post (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?237205-Main-Street-Electrical-Parade-returns-to-Disneyland-Jan-20-%96%A0June-18-2017).

Disney is offering visitors a chance to be among the first to see the parade at a private Premiere event on Thursday, January 19th. The event is characterized as being something like Mickey's Halloween Party, but with a much smaller attendance cap. Disneyland will close to the public at 6:00 p.m. that evening, and will reopen at 7:00 p.m. to event guests. The event officially kicks off at 7:30 p.m., and runs until Midnight.

Along with the Premiere performance of the Main Street Electrical Parade, the event includes a "red carpet arrival," with a step and repeat photo opportunity as you enter the park. Attendees will have the first chance to purchase commemorative merchandise created for the Main Street Electrical Parade's return to Disneyland, and can purchase specialty food and beverage offerings from participating restaurants.

There will be new Magic Shots available from the PhotoPass photographers, and a 70's Dance Party at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Tickets are $95 per person, and include parking. Advance sale tickets went on sale this morning for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders at Disneyland ticket booths and by phone at (714) 781-4636. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Tuesday, December 13.

olegc
12-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Nice, though expensive for me, and I wish the details were online . Yes u are providing it but it was promised to be on the website and it's not where I can see it (event tickets, main page, or passholder news)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Shortpix77
12-06-2016, 10:10 AM
I'm definitely intrigued. Contemplating whether the high price is worth it... Also agree with Oleg, this really should be on the site somewhere. Sign up by phone or in person only? That's really silly.

olegc
12-06-2016, 10:18 AM
I'm definitely intrigued. Contemplating whether the high price is worth it... Also agree with Oleg, this really should be on the site somewhere. Sign up by phone or in person only? That's really silly.

the official park page is finally up - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/electrical-parade-party/
its a lot of stuff for the price - and if they TRULY will limit the size of the crowd (less than Halloween?) it may be a great night. I can't take advantage because my son has a hoops game at 7 and we won't make it to the park until 9pm earliest, and I suspect the parade - and some of the other photo ops - will be done. Won't be worth $95 to go for short of 3 hours.

Shortpix77
12-06-2016, 12:18 PM
My mom and I have tickets. I couldn't resist. I LOVE THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE. In addition to the 70's dance party, the CM I spoke with said that all party guests are being encourage to dress in 70's attire. I'm excited!

Malcon10t
12-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Nice, though expensive for me, and I wish the details were online . Yes u are providing it but it was promised to be on the website and it's not where I can see it (event tickets, main page, or passholder news)

Sent from my XT1254 using TapatalkI saw it up yesterday. I don't haevv the link handy, but search for it with google and it should come up.

cstephens
12-06-2016, 04:04 PM
I wasn't particularly interested when I saw the details, looks cool, but it's during a very busy two-week period for us. But, the husband is an Electrical Parade fanatic and he's excited for this, so, he's getting us tickets. Should be fun, regardless.

Dave1313
12-06-2016, 06:03 PM
The website doesn't seem to say, any thoughts on whether it runs twice a night like it did in FL once the normal engagement starts?

I'm definitely not going to be in CA for the special event, but I'd consider a trip towards the end of the run, but I would also be curious if the closed attractions (DL Railroad and Rivers of America attractions) might be re-opened by then. I think I saw a recent post indicating they would reopen "Summer 2017", which I suspect could easily mean past mid-June.

Even with the few floats that are on the list as not being part of this, I wouldn't mind seeing it in CA once more.

Disneyphile
12-06-2016, 10:52 PM
This is torture. MSEP is my big, BIG thing. I have waited 20 years for this return to its original home. It really is a wish come true. Yet, I don't think I can squeeze this event ticket into my holiday budget... I need to go sell a kidney or something. LOL! Timing could not be worse. But, hey - I got my wish from 20 years ago... maybe I'll get my wish that tickets will still be available in a few weeks. *crossing fingers and toes*

currence
12-07-2016, 12:08 PM
The website doesn't seem to say, any thoughts on whether it runs twice a night like it did in FL once the normal engagement starts?

Most DL parades run twice a night - once to get it from "main parade storage area" to "temporary parade storage area" and a second time to reverse the process and put the parade away for the night :)

I suppose based on park operating hours there could be a circumstance where the parade only had time to run once and then was returned to storage after the park closed for the night - but I would assume that it's going to be twice nightly.

Disneyphile
12-23-2016, 09:26 AM
Has anyone heard what merchandise will be offered? I'm likely going to want one of everything.

Shortpix77
12-27-2016, 08:28 AM
Has anyone heard what merchandise will be offered? I'm likely going to want one of everything.

I haven't heard anything, but I feel exactly the same way :-)

Shortpix77
12-27-2016, 02:21 PM
So who else is going to the party? I need to figure out what people wore to Disneyland in the 70's that would be warm enough to wear that night, haha :-)

Disneyphile
12-28-2016, 12:54 PM
I am going! Hubby surprised me with a ticket last night! :)

AVP
01-01-2017, 11:35 AM
So who else is going to the party? I need to figure out what people wore to Disneyland in the 70's that would be warm enough to wear that night, haha :-)Legwarmers!!!!!!

cstephens
01-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Legwarmers!!!!!!

Pretty sure that was an 80s thing, not 70s.

olegc
01-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Some ideas
http://www.fashionisers.com/style-tips/70s-fashion-trend-decoding-the-seventies-style/

AVP
01-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Pretty sure that was an 80s thing, not 70s.I must have been ahead of my time.

Disneyphile
01-03-2017, 04:05 PM
I am really tempted to make a light-up Blue Fairy float hat for this party. I wonder if security would let it in...

olegc
01-04-2017, 10:05 PM
have you all seen the new TV spot which appeared during the college football playoffs last Saturday? its great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upsn63HT3j0

Dave1313
01-05-2017, 08:57 AM
have you all seen the new TV spot which appeared during the college football playoffs last Saturday? its great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upsn63HT3j0

That was really cool! Thanks for posting. (If only some of the other things in that commercial were to return ;) )

cabozone
01-17-2017, 11:18 AM
Wondering how many tickets are being sold for the event. Turns out it is my birthday that day so we are celebrating.

olegc
01-17-2017, 11:23 AM
They r still available

Disneyphile
01-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Merchandise has been announced! Click here (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/01/electrifying-new-products-celebrate-return-of-main-street-electrical-parade-to-disneyland-park/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29).

I really want the ears, pins, and the cel! :)

I'm a bit disappointed that there is no light-up big fig or lamp option. Guess I'll have to construct my own.

Abigail's Uncle
01-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Does anyone know if the Electrical Parade event is still on for Thursday? It looks like rain is in the forecast.