PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland has some congestion - Orange County Register, 12/30/03

Darkbeer
12-30-2003, 11:05 PM
Disneyland has some congestion (http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=73809&section=BUSINESS&subsection=OC_REGION&year=2003&month=12&day=30) - Orange County Register, 12/30/03

QuikQuote: As is typical during the holiday season, some visitors had to wait to get into the park.
Disneyland officials said they stopped selling one-day tickets earlier in the day as the park filled to capacity. One telephone reservation worker said the sales were halted at noon. Bob Tucker, a Disneyland Resort spokesman, said sales were expected to resume later in the day - possibly between 4 to 6 p.m. - as visitors began to leave the park. Disneyland does not disclose attendance figures.
Over at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, crowds were heavy but there was no waiting to enter, officials said.

spectromen
12-31-2003, 10:02 AM
Has anyone noticed if, due to the crowds, whether Lucky Fortune/Maliburitos are open at DCA?

Darkbeer
12-31-2003, 10:16 AM
Both locations have had their menu's permanently removed, I have photos of Lucky's in my last photo update....

Both stayed closed this holiday season. (Along with Hollywood and Dine)

spectromen
12-31-2003, 11:02 AM
Aww, dang. I wonder if Matt is aware of all this and can at least get one of them open again.

cstephens
12-31-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by spectromen
Aww, dang. I wonder if Matt is aware of all this and can at least get one of them open again.

I vote for re-opening Lucky Fortune AND reinstating their original menu.

innerSpaceman
12-31-2003, 12:34 PM
I never got to have a Maliburrito. I only saw it open during DCA preview days, and I've never been by there once again when it was doing business (though, admittedly, even when I'm in DCA, I am rarely in Paradise Pier).

I had an eggroll from Lucky Fortune Cookery once. That was in the first couple of months of DCA existence. Think I saw it open once or twice since then.

Nothing like a bunch of non-operating food venues to make a place seem lively and vibrant and encourage repeat visits.

TP2000
12-31-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm glad to hear they finally took down the menu at Maliburitos. I always felt bad for the tourists standing there reading the menu and peering in to the darkened order windows.

That closed at the end of the summer of '01, right? As of a few months ago the menu's were still up there, but at least it only took them two years to remove them.

zapppop
12-31-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by spectromen

He could reopen them but they wouldn't make enough money to cover the costs to operate them, which is why they're closed now.

spectromen
12-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I realize they probably wouldn't be profitable enough...and we dont really need Maliburitos when there's already a Mexican place in the wharf area - but Lucky Fortune was unique for a Disney park and I wish they'd at least consider weekends only. Those egg rolls were awesome - you could make a meal of those alone. The one time it was open (Pirates premiere night at DL, supposedly to help DCA look busier) there were plenty of people buying there right up until 8pm when it closed, and after that another dozen or so ready to place their orders until realizing the windows were shuttered :(

cstephens
01-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Both locations have had their menu's permanently removed

They must have put the signs back up, or maybe they were only covered when you saw them, because when I walked past Maliburritos on Sunday, there were definitely menus there, though the service windows were closed and covered in plastic.