PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou Reservations?

snitcherus
12-30-2003, 07:14 PM
How early would you recommend we get to Blue Bayou to make dinner reservations for New Year's Eve?

Is it imperative that we get there right away after the Park's opening...or can we arrive within an hour or two of Park opening and still get reservations?

DJ_MENTOS
12-30-2003, 07:28 PM
Well check out the new program that they are doing with reservations at Blue Bayou. Its in the 12/08 Mouseplanet update.

You may call this number for reservations: 714-781-DINE (3463)

Hope this helps.

-DJ_MENTOS

snitcherus
12-30-2003, 07:35 PM
Thanks DJ! Good to know.

I just called and they said they were all booked! Darn, I waited too long! :(

DJ_MENTOS
12-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Well, now you can try stand-by. Who knows, people might not show up. Hope it works out well.

Disneyfreak
12-31-2003, 12:58 AM
They were booked weeks ago for new years eve, I tried it.:(

Gr8Scott
12-31-2003, 05:45 AM
I will be in DL the week after President's Week. My family would like to try Blue Bayou. I have two sons (8 & 9) who love POTC. Could I request seets overlooking the ride? Any suggestions of what to request when I call for reservations?

danyoung
12-31-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Gr8Scott
I will be in DL the week after President's Week. My family would like to try Blue Bayou. I have two sons (8 & 9) who love POTC. Could I request seets overlooking the ride? Any suggestions of what to request when I call for reservations?

I'm not sure how it works now with the call ahead reservations. When you made them on the same day, you just tell the res girl that you want a seat by the water. When you come back for your seating, you may have to wait a few minutes longer for your seat, but for me it's totally worth it!

DJ_MENTOS
12-31-2003, 05:55 AM
Call 714-781-DINE (3463) and make reservations for your party. Then the day that you go, go to the Blue Bayou and tell them you have reservations and ask if they can seat you by the water. Hopefully they can accomodate your request.

danyoung
12-31-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by snitcherus
Thanks DJ! Good to know.

I just called and they said they were all booked! Darn, I waited too long! :(

Didn't they just go to a new system that was 100% reservations, with no walk ups?

prudence
12-31-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Gr8Scott

In my experience, when you call for reservations, what you're actually getting is "priority seating," which is slightly different. They don't hold a table for you, but rather when you check in you get the next available table. If you want a "water table" (one at the edge of the water, overlooking the ride), you tell them when you check in at the Blue Bayou at the time of your reservation/priority seating. You may have to wait a bit longer because now you're not just waiting for the next table, you're waiting for the next water table. Although frankly we've never had to wait that long.

DJ_MENTOS
12-31-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by danyoung
Didn't they just go to a new system that was 100% reservations, with no walk ups?

Check this out: Mouseplanet Update 12/08 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr031208.htm)