PDA

View Full Version : Should we buy or sell stock?

Cadaverous Pallor
12-30-2003, 06:07 PM
Some of the signers of the petition have said "I just bought some Disney stock so I can vote with Roy." I have heard the same from people here.

But doesn't buying stock help Eisner? If we all ran out and bought stock (or more stock) wouldn't that raise the price of said stock and make current Disney managment look good?

I understand both arguments, I just don't know which wins out. Perhaps it's somewhere in the middle, where we quietly buy some stock (or just hold on to what we've got) and put a bit of oomph behind Roy when we can.

Oh, and another question - the whole "voting by proxy" thing....could Roy say on his site "Email me if you want me to be your proxy"? What kind of paperwork is required for proxy voting, if any?

cemeinke
12-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Well, Roy missed the deadline to add any "special" ballot measures to next year's shareholder Meeting - so buying stock now might not be helpful to that end.

If you already have stock, I'd just treat it as any other investment at the moment. That is, if you or your financial advisors think you should sell right now, do it - But don't do it to make a statement, as you probably have too few shares to make that much of a difference. Hey the stock already lost over half it's value and the same CEO is in the drivers seat.

Just stay tuned to SaveDisney.com and see if Roy can pull something else out of his sleave.