PDA

View Full Version : January 2

Kevy Baby
12-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Anybody have any idea how bad January 2 will be? I want to take my Mother (who hasn't been in years) to see the Holiday overlays befoer they go away, but may shy away with the way things have been the last couple of days.

How's your crystal ball?

The Mouse Is Back
12-30-2003, 01:53 PM
It should be quite a bit less crowded than it has been, but still lots of people. The week between Christmas and New Year is always bad, although I don't think I've ever heard of it being as bad as it's been described in some of the posts here.

I hope it isn't too awful, since my daughter and I are planning to drive down each day from Jan. 1 through the 4th.

-Allegra-

Cadaverous Pallor
12-30-2003, 06:21 PM
I would worry. People are still on vacation. I know the school I work at is closed until the 5th.

Loric
12-30-2003, 08:00 PM
WDW altered it's Maingate Admission policy for CM's to now include a block-out until the 3rd of January at thje Magic Kingdom.

The new passes were jsut issued in December fr 2004 and they're scrambling to let everyone know the 3rd now blocked-out as well - crowds are much higher than projected.

The Mouse Is Back
12-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
I would worry. People are still on vacation. I know the school I work at is closed until the 5th.

Well, we went during Christmas week last year and survived. It was very crowded but we still had a good time, just had to pace ourselves differently.

I'm going to play it by ear, since we live fairly close. Go early in the day and when it starts getting way too crowded, bail. Sunday should be okay, since Monday is a school/work day for mostly everybody.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

:eek:

Gandalf
12-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Even though it's a Friday and some are at work - alot of others will probably be on a "4 day weekend." If the rain decides to show up that'll help with the crowds some. When does the Christmas Parade stop - is it this Sunday, the 4th or Friday? Even with some crowds you should still have fun.