PDA

View Full Version : Driving out on NYE

Freerider127
12-30-2003, 01:14 PM
I was wondering how bad it is driving out after the fireworks on NYE, alot of people have been saying you have to wait like an hour to get out is it really that bad?

sediment
12-30-2003, 01:37 PM
That's the story here.
Alternative strategies include:
1. Leave before fireworks, if you have some Cinderella-style time limit. But then, what's the point of staying that long if you're not going to watch the fireworks? Might as well leave at 11.
2. Leave well after the fireworks. Place is open until 2. Go on rides while half the people are leaving.
3. Stand on the Railroad platform for the fireworks, then run to your car afterward.
4. Go to your car well before fireworks, watch them from the structure, then leave when they're done.

Only #2 seems fun.

TP2000
12-30-2003, 03:39 PM
For the past several years they have stopped running the parking lot trams at around 11:00pm. If you leave from 11:00pm or later you have to walk back to the parking structure. There are just too many people leaving all at once to use the trams, and the tram roadway becomes like the Bataan Death March. It's actually very funny to see, and some of those people get REALLY ticked off at Disney about it.

Plan to stay until 2:00am. It's just much easier that way. Take a nap in the afternoon. Happy New Year!

Freerider127
12-30-2003, 07:01 PM
I have one more question do you think its okay if i get to the park around 2:00pm if I have an AP, Most likely I should still be able to get in right?

TheatreTech
12-30-2003, 07:05 PM
From what I understand, if you have an AP, you can get in even if they stop selling new tickets. (A Premium AP that is.)