PDA

View Full Version : Is Jan.-Mar. still slow during the week?

The Mouse Is Back
12-30-2003, 11:40 AM
Haven't gone during the off season much in the past few years, got sidelined by RL. It used to be almost empty on weekdays. I'm planning on taking my daughter at least once a week in the coming year.

Is it still slow on the weekdays in winter/early spring?

-Allegra-

cemeinke
12-30-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by The Mouse Is Back
Is it still slow on the weekdays in winter/early spring?

I sure hope so, but we're about to find out for sure real soon.

Hyperboy
12-30-2003, 12:59 PM
The least busy day of the year is rumored to be the third Wednesday in January. :) I mean, who takes off work in mid-late January??

However, be warned that Haunted Mansion and Small World and I think Indy will be closed in January, either for refurbishment or to remove holiday layovers...

Saratoga75
12-30-2003, 05:15 PM
I would think by Mid-January that things should be calming down at the park during the week. . . by then mostly all the kids are back in school. . . but another thing that would keep the crowds away is like what "hyperboy" said - Indy, Haunted Mansion, and Small World are closed. HM and SM are gonna be closed like the first 2 or 3 weeks of Jan to take down decorations, but Indy is down till April. If those rides are important. . . you could go between Jan 18-20th after Haunted Mansion reopens on the 18th and before Indy goes down on the 20th. The 19th??

Cadaverous Pallor
12-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Last year it was blissfully empty from mid-Jan until Spring Break.

Darkbeer
12-30-2003, 06:27 PM
You have a three day weekend in January and in February, and some folks get more than one holiday in February, but if you avoid those Holiday weekends (Friday - Tuesday), it is pretty quiet...

March and early April is weird, as many different school districts, colleges, universities, etc... have different weeks off for Spring break, so one year the second weekend of March is busy, but the third isn't, the next year it is the oppisite... but the general rule of thumb, it gets busier as it gets closer to Easter, with the week before, and the week after Easter being the two peak weeks.

The Mouse Is Back
12-30-2003, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Are the hours still 10-6 on "off season" weekdays? And when will they do the SoCal resident thing? That always messes up the quietude.

Plan A, we go as much as possible during Jan., Feb., and the first two weeks of March.

:D

Darkbeer
12-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Last year, the SoCal special started the first Monday in January, and lasted thru most of May.....

Current off season hours for Monday thru Thursday are 10 to 8 for Disneyland, 10 to 6 for DCA. Of course they get expanded if related to a three day weekend.

Morrigoon
12-30-2003, 11:03 PM
Best day to go: Rainy Tuesday in February. Mind you, you'll be bored by 4 b/c you'll have done everything. :fez: