PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks - Best Disneyland Spot?

jerhow
12-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Hello. Just wondering - if anyone has been to Dland on New Year's Eve, besides the obvious in front of the castle location, are there any good known or lesser-known spots to view the fireworks? Thanks for the input!

Phydeaou
12-30-2003, 09:05 AM
We've watched Believe! from the steps of DLRR and been able to see pretty well, plus you get the view of the crowd below, which can be entertaining as well.

cemeinke
12-30-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Phydeaou
We've watched Believe! from the steps of DLRR and been able to see pretty well

The only problem with this, is that during Holiday Believe there is a large Christmas tree in the middle of Town Square that kind of obscures the view.

Last year there were additional fireworks at 9:00 on the Small World Mall to ring in the New Year on the East coast. Whether or not they do that again, this is usually a good firework viewing spot.

Rivers of America will get you Fantasmic! viewing as well as a reasonable Fireworks view, but you'll find plenty of people here as well.

Regardless of where you end up, I recommend finding a place with a sight line to the Matterhorn, as the New Years celebrations in the past have involved the mountain with fireworks and and the year rising from it's peak.

TheatreTech
12-30-2003, 11:06 AM
If you go into Innoventions...(I know it sounds bad) but, on the exit ramp there is a fairly unobstructed view of the castle along with a great view of the fireworks. It is usually uncrowded and you can hear the music. The only downside during the Holidays is that you don't get to see the "snow". (...and you have to listen to Tom Morrow....) :rolleyes:

EDIT: to include an important piece of info.

Phydeaou
12-30-2003, 11:11 AM
The only problem with this, is that during Holiday Believe there is a large Christmas tree in the middle of Town Square that kind of obscures the view. Oh yeah!! It's been so long since we've been to DL at Christmastime, I forgot about the tree.