PDA

View Full Version : DLR Crowds now Vs. Summer Peak

Anthony
12-30-2003, 08:47 AM
Okay you veterans, here is a ? for you. I went to DLR on Dec. 17-20 and it was pretty busy, but Friday and Saturday were insane. My question is, I have always heard that the summer is super busy at DLR, is it worse then the winter? I ask because I feel like it couldn't be worse then what we already experienced, and if so- game on and the summer shouldn't be too scary, right?

Or, am I completely wrong and the summer is busier, only add heat to the mix? Penny for your thoughts?

sediment
12-30-2003, 09:34 AM
Holiday season is busier. Summer is longer, though. And 7/4 is the busiest day of the year. Someone put up a web site of the DL crowds by date around here somewhere.

TP2000
12-30-2003, 10:36 AM
The crowds you experienced on the 17th to the 20th were slightly busier than the average Summer day. The excepetions are the 4th of July weekend, and a few Saturday's from Mid July to Mid August. And realize that the 17th-20th are not nearly as busy at December 25th-31st. It actually got much busier the past few days than it was last week. You were there before it got really, really bad.

But in Summer you add 25 degrees to the thermometer, and even though the lines and crowds are a tad bit smaller, it's equally as stressful.

Not Afraid
12-30-2003, 10:46 AM
This Christmas season has seemed busier than that last couple of years. What this means to me, is that the fear of terrorist threats at DL lower that it has been since 9/11. DL was still at Code Orange, but that didn't stop the crowds as it has in the last few years. People are starting to live their lives again.

Darn! I enjoyed having the park to myself. ;)

watkinz
12-30-2003, 10:53 AM
Would the fact that SM, BTMRR and other attractions are closed make it seem like the park is more crowded this holiday season than previous years? Or, are the capacity #s for those attractions not significant enough to make a difference?

Saratoga75
12-30-2003, 05:31 PM
I agree with "watkinz" about the park seeming more crowded with Space and BTMRR offline. The people arent dispersed throughout the park like it would have been with those rides online. Next summer should be interesting. . with Tower of Terror opening @ DCA i'd like to see what the attendence is like between the two parks. .Im planning to go in June, and by that time all rides (except space) should be up and running.