PDA

View Full Version : turnstiles at Tiki Room and exit to Haunted Mansion

cstephens
11-19-2016, 10:18 PM
I just noticed tonight that they've removed the turnstiles from the entrance to the Tiki Room. Maynard says it's been a few months since that happened. We noticed a number of months ago that the turnstiles at the exit of Haunted Mansion have been removed. Wonder what the deal is. Trying to think if any other rides have turnstiles.

tea4two
11-20-2016, 01:57 AM
The queue at Peter Pan has a turnstile. I wonder if that one has been removed. Big Thunder has turnstiles before you go up the stairs. Does IASW have turnstiles when you exit? How fun that you got to see Maynard. We keep missing him when we go.

Malcon10t
11-20-2016, 07:17 AM
I just noticed tonight that they've removed the turnstiles from the entrance to the Tiki Room. Maynard says it's been a few months since that happened. We noticed a number of months ago that the turnstiles at the exit of Haunted Mansion have been removed. Wonder what the deal is. Trying to think if any other rides have turnstiles.The Tiki room one disappeared about the same time as the Haunted Mansion one. I'm not sure about IASW, might ask DFF4 as they exited that direction when we rode last trip.

cstephens
11-20-2016, 08:10 AM
The queue at Peter Pan has a turnstile. I wonder if that one has been removed. Big Thunder has turnstiles before you go up the stairs. Does IASW have turnstiles when you exit? How fun that you got to see Maynard. We keep missing him when we go.

We went on Big Thunder last night, and I cannot for the life of me remember if the turnstile was there.

It was actually pretty funny seeing Maynard last night because we were with a friend that Maynard knows but hasn't seen in quite some time. Maynard was disbelieving when the friends said it's been 15 years since he'd seen him. I haven't figured out if it's actually been that long. I was thinking maybe 10 years.

AnotherJenny
11-20-2016, 12:56 PM
Peter Pan's was still there 2 weeks ago. I squeezed through it.

Nightwing
11-20-2016, 01:42 PM
Remember seeing that for a while. Think as of last month the one as you leave Small World was still in place. But now not sure... Means I need to ride it again!

Niwel
11-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Remember seeing that for a while. Think as of last month the one as you leave Small World was still in place. But now not sure... Means I need to ride it again!

Yup - still at iasw.

olegc
11-20-2016, 05:38 PM
I just noticed tonight that they've removed the turnstiles from the entrance to the Tiki Room. Maynard says it's been a few months since that happened. We noticed a number of months ago that the turnstiles at the exit of Haunted Mansion have been removed. Wonder what the deal is. Trying to think if any other rides have turnstiles.

One analysis said that by removing the turnstile at Tiki it is more inviting and people come in to the waiting area more often - and so attend the attraction more often. The few times I have seen the area it has seemed more populated.

candles71
11-20-2016, 10:13 PM
It may have to do with the line for Dole Whips. People are constantly coming in and out now. Sitting there in March they were giving out wait times for both the show and the Dole Whip line. The Whip line was MUCH longer.
I think the straight ones with the sensor, like leaving Indy and RSR, are probably less of a hazard, especially to kid's faces. ;)

Niwel
11-20-2016, 10:43 PM
I think the straight ones with the sensor, like leaving Indy and RSR, are probably less of a hazard, especially to kid's faces. ;)

I agree - my daughter is just the right height to get smacked in the face for all of them: dumbo, carousel, small world. I had to hold it in place to make sure it didn't snap back at her.

tea4two
11-26-2016, 10:33 PM
Jungle Cruise has a turnstile in the queue.

Berry Princess
11-27-2016, 07:15 PM
They still have them at Thunder also. I remember walking through them the weekend before last 2 different times. We hadn't been in over a year and I was surprised to see the HM ones gone. Yet nice to be able to just walk out without them there.