PDA

View Full Version : 13 Months for Price of 12 APs

Berry Princess
11-17-2016, 06:25 PM
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/13-months/

Saw this on another site. Wish I had known before last weekend. I would have waited on getting our APs until this coming weekend.

tea4two
11-18-2016, 09:13 PM
Called the AP hotline about this today. CM said that the offer is good for new purchases until Feb. 2017, but for renewals until 11/16/17. He said that as long as your 40 day window falls before that date, the offer will apply to your renewal. He had no word on whether Disney would extend the offer for new APs.

bumblebeeonarose
11-21-2016, 08:45 AM
It says online that if you purchase by February 11 you get 13 months. It didn't say anything about activating. Can I purchase them in January/February but not activate them until June and still get 13 months?

AVP
11-21-2016, 10:41 AM
I've spent a lot of time today talking with various front-line CMs and Friends in Low Places, and here is the updated information I have about this offer, to include details about renewals, upgrades, the Premier pass and activation dates:

A little more than a month after Walt Disney World rolled out (https://www.mouseplanet.com/11569/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update_for_October_410_20 16#News4) its "13 months for the price of 12" deal, the Disneyland Resort now has a similar offer for annual passholders. Coming just in time for the peak purchase and renewal season, this new offer may help boost new purchases and renewals leading into what is going to be a construction-heavy year at the Disneyland Resort.

The 13-month passport offer is available to new purchases of three levels of annual pass: Deluxe, Signature and Signature Plus. It is not valid for either the Southern California Select or the Southern California Passport. While the Disneyland website says that you need to purchase these new passports between November 17, 2016 and February 11, 2017 to be eligible for the bonus month, we have learned that the offer is actually based on the dates new passes are activated. For example, a customer who purchased an eligible annual passport online, at a Disney Store or even at a local grocery store prior to November 17, 2016 but activates it during the offer period will receive an annual pass valid for 13 months.

Customers who purchase and activate a new annual passport during the offer period will also receive the 13-month pass, as stated in the offer details. However, customers can not purchase a new pass during the offer period and wait to activate that pass later in the year if they want to receive the bonus month.

Passholders who renew within 40 days of their pass expiration date and prior to November 17, 2017, also get 13 months for the price of 12. Again, this offer is not valid with the Southern California Select Passport or the Southern California Passport, but passholders who currently have one of those passes can opt to upgrade at the time of renewal to the higher level pass to receive the bonus offer. You can not upgrade to a higher-level pass more than 40 days before the expiration of your current pass to receive the bonus month.

As was the case when Walt Disney World announced its offer, the Premier Annual Pass, which is valid at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland, was not mentioned at all in the bonus month announcement. However, several front-line cast members and their leads (Disney-speak for managers) have confirmed for us that the extra-month-free offer is valid on Premier Annual Passports if they are purchased and activated at Walt Disney World or Disneyland during the dates of each Resort's respective offer dates (Oct. 2, 2016 through Jan. 3, 2017 for Walt Disney World; November 17, 2016 through February 11, 2017 for Disneyland).

New Deluxe, Signature and Signature Plus annual passes can be purchased through the Disneyland website (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/), or by phone at 714-781-7277. Deluxe, Signature and Signature Plus Passholders can also renew their pass online, or call the same number to renew. Premier annual passes can only be purchased in person at a Disneyland Resort ticket booth.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
11-21-2016, 11:53 AM
Sweet! We have Premium Annual pass vouchers that we purchased just prior to them dropping that level of pass. We need to activate them by 12-31-2016. We'll be activating them 12-13-16. Sounds like we will be eligible for this promo? I still haven't been able to confirm if we will get some kind of legacy premium or the signature plus pass. I was able to get confirmation that our passes will have no blockout days.

bumblebeeonarose
11-22-2016, 05:58 AM
Bummer. Thanks for the information. It was confusing at first as it does say purchase.

CariBelle
11-22-2016, 12:17 PM
So I missed it by one day lol

tea4two
11-22-2016, 07:35 PM
We missed it by a few days, too. The AP Hotline CM did say that we will get the bonus month with our renewal next year since our 40 day window starts before the offer expiration date.

Berry Princess
11-22-2016, 07:44 PM
We missed it by a few days, too. The AP Hotline CM did say that we will get the bonus month with our renewal next year since our 40 day window starts before the offer expiration date.

Did you ask them about adding it in since you missed it by a few days?

candles71
11-22-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm confused. The offer expiration is in February for DL.

tea4two
11-23-2016, 12:48 AM
For renewals, the offer expires 11/17/17. So as long as your 40 day renewal window opens before that (ours does), you can renew and still get the offer.

@Berry Princess: yes, that's why I called the AP Hotline. That's when the CM told me that the 13 month offer expiration date for renewals was 11/17/17. He did suggest that we renew before 11/16/17, just to be safe.

candles71
11-23-2016, 07:55 AM
Ah. Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Berry Princess
11-23-2016, 08:26 AM
Thanks tea4two for that. I thought about calling before you posted that info so guess I won't bother now. If we decide to renew at the same time next year we will be under that time frame for it.

sjhanksaz
11-26-2016, 09:00 PM
This does not apply to the So. California passes right?

Berry Princess
11-26-2016, 09:01 PM
This does not apply to the So. California passes right?

Right not on the So. Cali passes. Only Deluxe and higher.

Pammer
11-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Bummer - I just missed out on this by a few days as well! :(

SteveMartin
11-28-2016, 11:23 AM
I can confirm that it applies when upgrading to the Premier Annual Pass. Our passes were set to expire in August, we upgraded yesterday to Premier and were offered the extra month (which we took).

amazedncal
12-02-2016, 06:01 PM
We are planning to gift a family member a 3 day parkhopper. If they choose to upgrade it to a Deluxe would it qualify for the extra month?

Berry Princess
12-02-2016, 06:07 PM
We are planning to gift a family member a 3 day parkhopper. If they choose to upgrade it to a Deluxe would it qualify for the extra month?

I would think so since it says Deluxe Aps and up. The only ones that do not qualify for this are the 2 lower end APs.

3Princesses1Prince
12-02-2016, 06:44 PM

To add to Berry Princess, they'd have to upgrade prior to the Feb cutoff

amazedncal
12-03-2016, 05:53 AM
Thank you Berry Princess and 3Princesses1Prince for the information :)