PDA

View Full Version : Entry policy on "sold out" days

olegc
12-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Question - if you have an AP or pre-purchased tickets for a one-day admission (from disney store) does the main gate turn you away if the park is deemed "full"?

Scenario - I have friends in town so I took my family to meet them today. I have an AP and boughty one-day passports at the Disney Store for my family. When we arrived at the parking lot at 2pm the large signs said Disneyland was full.

The Tram operator to the DTD stop said that if you already purchased a ticket to DISNEYLAND or are returning with a hand stamp you can get in. Otherwise you could only buy tickets to DCA.

So - would we have been turned away at the gate? I don't recall any restrictions for my Premium pass (even a "conditions" clause) and the one-day any park passport from the Disney Store does not say anything on it either.

I thought about the folks smarter than I am on these matters here on Mousepad. Please fill me in. Thanks.!

Not Afraid
12-29-2003, 09:06 PM
As an AP, you would've been let into the Park. As for your friends pre-purchased tickets, I'm pretty sure they would've been admitted as long as there were no use date restrictions on the tickets.

AVP
12-30-2003, 08:23 AM
As I understand it - (again, not gospel, just trying to paraphrase a confusing explaination I was given last night), there are three "stages" of "full."

Stage One is, "Gee, this park is crowded - we better stop selling one day tickets and try to herd people over to DCA." There is a specific attendance figure which triggers this. People who already have valid admission media to the park can still get in to Disneyland, you can still buy annual passes and get into Disneyland, you can buy park-hoppers and get into Disneyland.

Stage Two is, "Oh, wow, that didn't work - we need to stop selling new admissions to Disneyland." At that point, the only people getting into Disneyland are those who already have valid admissions IN HAND. NO new admissions to Disneyland will be sold. Again, there is a specific number which triggers this condition.

Stage Three is, "The Fire Marshall says we need to stop letting people in now, or else." That's when it does not matter if you have a ticket, a handstamp, an annual pass, whatever - you aren't getting in. Estimates are that this number is 85,000 people, but that depends on who you talk to.

When this has happened in the past, they have allowed a certain number of people to enter each hour, based on the number of people who leave. I know of this happening once - during the Electrical Parade "glowing away" season, but a friend says she has seen it happen at least twice more.

AVP

Phydeaou
12-30-2003, 09:01 AM
The summer that I worked at the Heraldry Shoppe (a leased-out part of the castle) was the summer that Los Angeles hosted the World Cup of Soccer. It was so crowded! I remember at least 2 times during that summer (but quite possibly more) that our the lead for our area came by and told us that the park was full and they weren't letting anyone else in. That was before DCA, so I don't know what kind of a cutoff there was, but I remember it was something like 80 or 90 thousand people is what I was told. But that was when everything still worked.

Wizard69
12-30-2003, 03:54 PM
The signs said Disneyland was full yet again last night. This makes at least 2 times this week so far.

zapppop
12-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Why are you surprised ?
This happens every year between Christmas and New Year's.

Mythgard
01-04-2004, 07:15 PM
A cast member told me on New Years Eve that they stopped letting people in when they ran out of strollers or wheel chairs, not when they reached a certain capacity, although they usually run out around 70-90 thousand people. New Years eve it was 89,000 people, and then they closed the park.

Wishful
01-05-2004, 01:57 AM
I have a question too, we had dinner at Club 33 on NYE - we were told by parking staff specifically that they did not think we could get into the park (it was about 5:45pm when we arrived), we were also told by staff at the two info desks in the Plaza (we had problems finding the right Customer Service window) we could not get in. However, at the Customer Service window where you check in and get your passes the CM said "You're not going to the park, you're going to the Club, that's what the admission is for, so it is exempt from the sold out rules." We thought this meant we could not use the passes for FastPasses but we could - what gives? Is the Club 33 membership such that you can get in whenever you want to?

On another note, they said parking shuttles would stop at 11:45pm NYE, but we causht one at 2:30 with no problem, I'm glad we walked by the loading zone!