PDA

View Full Version : Volcano at DCA

ODV CM
09-29-2001, 04:05 PM
Okay, is there any way to work Mysterious Island into Disney's America instead of Cape Cod or Port Discovery as Al had suggested? I was thinking that maybe they could go with a Hawaiian theme, which of course would explain why there is a volcano there, but that kills the theme of the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride. I'd still rather see that than either of the other two, though, but I just don't know how it would fit.

Nigel2
09-29-2001, 05:28 PM
Nope, that and there probably wont be any form of DA anyway. Remember JTCotE goes no where near Ameria.

anarcher
09-30-2001, 10:39 AM
Sorry to Burst your bubble, but DCA is Staying. This whole Disney's America thing was brought up beccasue Of the Sad event on sept 11. They are making a Disney American In Virgina. Not here. Althoug I might be young, I still have tons of Inside resource. If you have any questions I'll be sure to Find them out for you or anyone else. :)

Cadaverous Pallor
09-30-2001, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by anarcher
They are making a Disney American In Virgina.
Um, I thought that project was killed back in the mid 90's. Is there any evidence that they are still trying to do it?

Sheila
09-30-2001, 11:11 AM
There was a swirl of rumors a couple of years ago that Discovery Bay would be going into the Hunchback theatre/north end of Tom Sawyer's Island area. It would've included some Mysterious Island stuff.

I even saw the various Imagineering plans for it. But I believe the accountaneers put a stop to that! ;)

Sheila

anarcher
10-06-2001, 12:20 PM
I got that all mixed up about the America Park in Virgina. Sorry