PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Disneyland in January 15-19

Mingles
12-29-2003, 01:28 PM
Couple that has been alot and was wondering on what to do forsure because alot of people have great ideas here and what disney souvinors to buy that you wouldn't normally think of.

beanpole
12-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Mingles
Couple that has been alot and was wondering on what to do forsure because alot of people have great ideas here and what disney souvinors to buy that you wouldn't normally think of.

Here are some suggestions aimed at repeat visitors looking for ways to keep the experience fresh and exciting:

1. Bring a portable recording device (such as a Sony mini-disc or video camera) and try to create an audio/video log of your favorite attractions. Experience the park as if you were creating a documentary that will be aired nation-wide.

2. Use a camera to create a photo log and share your images with the world through any web site that allows users to upload photos. Think about what you'd like to discuss in any trip reports you share with MousePlanet readers and try experiencing the attractions as if you were a reviewer rather than a guest.

3. Read up on Disneyland secrets from books and websites that offer such information. Try to verify as many as you can. Try to discover some of your own and spread the word.

4. Pay attention to the small, unheralded attractions that support the theme of whichever area you are in. Appreciate the magical atmosphere created by the Snow White's Grotto near the castle, the dramatically lit waterfall in the walkway behind BTMR that leads to Fantasyland, the head-on view of Main Street at night from the center of the Hub, the fire department on Main Street, the steel drum band performing from the second story of the Jungle Cruise queue building, the view of the Rivers of America from the Hungry Bear restaurant, the list goes on and on. Discover your own favorites.

BTW: I'm really excited about my upcoming trip to DL from 1/16 thru 1/19. It's been nearly two years since my last visit.