PDA

View Full Version : DCA Festival of Holidays Entertainment

Nikara
11-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Lots of cool new entertainment options in DCA this year. I got a chance to experience some of them yesterday. Here's the line-up:

Santa's Holiday Visit in Redwood Creek Challenge Trail-This includes Chip and Dale in the holiday finest, a cute scavenger hunt, and lots of really nicely themed decorations. I really enjoyed how they transformed the area.

Holiday Toy Drummers- I didn't see this one.

Stilt Circus- Saw them from afar- pretty cool!

Viva Navidad- Still an awesome show, no obvious changes from last year.

Mostly Kosher- A really fun performing group.

Princess Elena's Musical Grand Arrival- This was fun. They have a new parade float that she comes out on, along with her "magical friend" Skylar. The little kids were really excited to see Elena. The specific performance I saw was having some microphone issues, and Elena's voice honestly didn't sound great. Hoping it was just because of the mike. This happens right at the front of the Paradise Garden entrance next to Goofy's Sky School.

Some other musical groups:
Blue13 Dance Company (Bollywood Dancing)
Mariachi Divas (everyone's Faves!)
Raise (A cappella R&B group)

I really loved how diverse the offerings were. DCA is clearly embracing a really broad definition of the holidays, which is wonderful.

Finally there is a new World of Color: Season of Light. This show is based on the older Christmas themed animated shorts (If you are a 90s kid like me, or the parent of one, you may fondly remember these). They really play with the fountains nicely. I liked this new show a lot- lots of unusual movies and characters were shown, there wasn't a "Let it Go" section, and the final movement- Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me, had many adults in the audience in tears.

I was standing in a new place for me- in the yellow front section closer to the Golden Zephyr. Usually I get misted a bit in that front section, but it felt like we got really wet in this show. I'm not sure if that feeling was because of the breeze yesterday, the fact that it was hot in the day but cold in the night, so people weren't dressed warmly, or if there is actually something about how the fountains are making it wetter. I'll definitely avoid standing in that area in the future.

olegc
11-14-2016, 07:52 AM
with the new we lose some of the old - no Bell Ringers on BVS this year.

Nikara
11-15-2016, 07:57 PM
I got a chance to see Raise and Mostly Kosher's full sets, and they were really excellent. I highly recommend grabbing an adult beverage and enjoying the shows. I just hope they work out some of the audio issues they were having on opening weekend with both groups...

olegc
11-17-2016, 08:54 PM
So the bell ringers were performing at KOST FMs private party tonight. So I hope that means they will be at DCA regular hours soon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Baloo
11-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Speaking of decor, I really love the new decorations for grizzley area. Very clever mason jars with lights that flicker. They look like jars filled with fireflies
Now all we need is snow machines in the area that turn on occasionally

AVP
11-21-2016, 05:45 PM
So the bell ringers were performing at KOST FMs private party tonight. So I hope that means they will be at DCA regular hours soon.

Sent from my XT1254 using TapatalkI spoke with them, and also confirmed with a Disney manager. The bell ringers are not part of the lineup this year. They were a "Limited Time Magic" offering for the KOST party.

AVP

olegc
11-21-2016, 07:22 PM
I spoke with them, and also confirmed with a Disney manager. The bell ringers are not part of the lineup this year. They were a "Limited Time Magic" offering for the KOST party.

AVP
Boooo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

disneyland addict13
11-22-2016, 11:59 AM
I spoke with them, and also confirmed with a Disney manager. The bell ringers are not part of the lineup this year. They were a "Limited Time Magic" offering for the KOST party.

AVP

Very disappointing :crying:

tea4two
11-22-2016, 07:36 PM
Agree. We love the bell ringers and were looking forward to seeing them this year.