PDA

View Full Version : Disney's 2004 Merchandise Logo...

GoldenEars
12-29-2003, 01:38 AM
....don't get used to it! Apparently, the logo that you're seeing on all the 2004 merchandise, *A Whole New World*, is not going to be the logo anymore for the Disney Resort.

A good friend of mine who's been working for the Disney Company for the past 25 years in their PR dept. over at TDA has told me this. According to my friend, when the *new guys* came on board (i.e. Matt, etc...) they were upset at the current logo and quickly got rid of it. They wanted the original logo to be part of the Disney theme again...*The Happiest Place On Earth*.

But because the 2004 merchandise was made way in advance (before the new guys came on board), they have to get rid of what they already created. But you'll be seeing the original logo later in the year.

I sorta like the new logo and find it refreshing, as it fits BOTH of the Parks. To me, *The Happiest Place On Earth* reflects (and should ONLY reflect) Disneyland, and not DCA! So I'm not sure how that will work out.

I do admit tho, that Disneyland should make merchandise to reflect ONLY Disneyland. As much as I love DCA, there are times when I buy something from Disneyland that I only want the Disneyland name on it, not the Disney Resort theme they have. And God how I pray that when the 50th rolls around, that they have merchandise that reflect just Disneyland's 50th Anniversary!

Anyway, just wanted to share what I learned. Let me know what you all think of this change that is apparently coming. Thanks, and have a Happy New Year...with or without *A Whole New World* on our merchandise!:D

Hugs~
Patrick

MickeyLumbo
12-29-2003, 05:38 PM
hi patrick,

this is great news. i am in total agreement with you about the original logo, font and tag line!

i avoid anything that says "resort" on it... i refuse to buy anything that refers to the resort's 50th.

it really sounds like matt is on the ball and perhaps the 50th will be saved after all.

:)

Pirate Girl
12-29-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by DsneNut
I sorta like the new logo and find it refreshing, as it fits BOTH of the Parks. To me, *The Happiest Place On Earth* reflects (and should ONLY reflect) Disneyland, and not DCA! So I'm not sure how that will work out.

Well, they could use *A Whole New World* for DCA what with Aladdin and all and use *The Happiest Place On Earth*for DL.

Lani
12-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Hmm... that sounds like it's more fitting for Walt Disney WORLD...