PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland on December 30th

priyanka59
12-28-2003, 08:29 PM
Hi everybody! My family is planning to go to Disneyland on December 30th. It was a quick decision and we are leaving tomorrow afternoon. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how packed Disneyland is most likely to be compared to after January 1rst because if it is more packed then after I can probably convince my family to go later. Also could anyone give me any good tips on getting on more rides and seeing more things around Disneyland even with the crowds and throngs of people. I know about fastpass and I've used it a lot in the past years, but any other info would really help me a lot and I'd appreciate it VERY much! Thank You all and Happy Early New Years!

HBTiggerFan
12-28-2003, 08:50 PM
If you wait until after the 1st of the year it will be less crowded. The holiday stuff will be up until the 4th.

Your best bet to do as many attractions as possible is to get to the parks early, and maximize FastPass. Visit Fantasyland right at opening. There are several attractions that are not connected to the FP system, which means you can get a FastPass for them while you have FastPasses for other attractions. If you are not going to see Fantasmic visit the NoS and Critter Country attractions while Fantasmic is going on. The lines seem to disappear as people realize there is a show happening.

priyanka59
12-28-2003, 08:54 PM
Thanks! Now which other lands should I hit first in the morning other than Fantasyland. I am guessing by the time I am done with Fantasyland it should be around 10-11 (since Disneyland opens at 8) because with the family it will take some time. Are there any lands that I should do at certain times because of the decrease of people in lines like NoS and Critter Country?

I also know that the Christmas Fantasy Parade is on at 3:30. Should we miss that and go to the later show or go watch that one and use the night time one to go on rides?

DisneylandKid
12-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Any ideas what the Disneyland Park will be like tomorrow, Tuesday? If it rains, will the crowds be less? What kind of weather does it take to cancel "Believe... Holiday?" Will the lines be shorter? Longer? What is the best time to get there?

I have an AP, but I'm taking my family and an out-of-towner, so I want it to be a good experience. I've never been to Disneyland in the week of Xmas/New Years, so I'm a bit worried about the crowd.

tod
12-29-2003, 05:10 PM
Rain will diminish the crowds if the rain hits before the go-or-don't-go decision is made. Hope for rain early in the day.

Lines for anything indoors will be long. You'll have the teacups to yourselves. ;)

Prepare -- and prepare your people -- to enjoy the simple pleasures of Disneyland. The decor, the freebies like Snow White's Wishing Well and Toontown, the small rides like the Omnibus and the train. (Important note: Do NOT get on a train with only canvas for a roof. One updraft and the rain that is caught in the depression, plus whatever dirt has accumulated since the last rainstorm, will drop right on you.)

Keep your sights low, and you ought to have a great time.

--T

Saratoga75
12-29-2003, 06:09 PM
DisneylandKid, I live in Southern Cal (Los Angeles), and just heard Anaheim(Orange County) is to expect rain all day tomorrow through the evening they also said it shouldnt be getting warmer than the low 60's. Obviously it's gonna effect the crowds. . i dont neccessarily agree with tod that all indoor rides will be crowded. i think it will keep people away, and those that come will disperse around the park. I use to go, and still go every President's Day weekend (one of the most crowded times at dland), and when it started to rain you noticed park attendance drop and even in door rides there was barely a wait (pirates=10 mins, Space Mt=20 mins, etc etc) obviously diffrent situations for diffrent days. . but if it does rain it will diminish crowds, to what extent you'll have to see. I'd be interested to know let me know if you can?

Saratoga75
12-29-2003, 06:21 PM
priyanka59, I would recommend not starting at fantasyland, but all the way in Critterland (getting a fastpass for splash mt first), and making your way backward through New Orleans Square- Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Adventureland- Indiana Jones, etc. With Space Mountain and BTMRR closed. . this area seems to be the HUB of Disneyland, and best place to start in the morning to beat the crowds.

Andrew
12-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Moderator's note: I've merged these two threads for ease of reading, since they're about the same topic.

Laffite
12-30-2003, 12:42 AM
My mom suddenly decided to go to the park on the 31st. I dont think she even remotely comprehend what a MESS it'll be.

Morrigoon
12-30-2003, 12:50 AM
It's going to be positively teeming with people. Park hit capacity today (Monday). There were at least 85K there. Wall to wall people.

Laffite
12-30-2003, 12:57 AM
And therefore, since i don't have my AP anymore I'm going to get the tickets tomorrow at the mall.

What time does the park open, dear morrigon?

Laffite
12-30-2003, 01:05 AM
8.00hr you say? Excellent!

danyoung
12-30-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by priyanka59
Thanks! Now which other lands should I hit first in the morning other than Fantasyland. I am guessing by the time I am done with Fantasyland it should be around 10-11 (since Disneyland opens at 8) because with the family it will take some time.

It's been my experience that Fantasyland goes really quickly when you visit first thing in the morning. I can do a sweep of the dark rides, from Pinnochio to Alice, in about 25 minutes! Then I usually go thru Tomorrowland, what little is there, and by late morning I start using FastPass and single rider for the bigger rides on the west side. Your mileage may vary.

Enjoy!

Dlandmom
12-30-2003, 07:11 AM
Well, it looks like we won't be getting any rain after all...or if we do, it'll just be some sprinkles (of course that's ASSUMING the forecasters are correct in their latest assumptions).

Wizard69
12-30-2003, 04:04 PM
I also suggest doing Fantasyland first then New Orleans Square/Adventureland next getting a fastpass FIRST for the ride you are not going to go on yet (based on standby times) (i.e. get a fastpass for Indy and then go on Haunted Mansion Holiday and Pirates then go back to Indy).

It's probably gonna be crowded. It has been full 2 of the last 3 days.

sediment
12-30-2003, 04:38 PM
Don't forget Matterhorn during that Fantasyland tour. You'll regret it later if you don't.

priyanka59
12-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll definitely use all those tips and if its raining, well then its going to be even better.

Now the problem is, does anyone know how I can get my parents to buy Annual Passes? My dad mentioned it and I went ballistic but now they seem to be kind of low key about spending $165 dollars on one, let alone 4 for the whole family. We live about 3-4 hours away and so it isnt that bad. Can anyone give me like any good advantages of buying an AP. I also wanna know about the block out dates (like is most of the summer blocked out) and usually what kind of days are blocked out.

Thanks Everyone!

danyoung
12-31-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by sediment
Don't forget Matterhorn during that Fantasyland tour. You'll regret it later if you don't.

Absolutely! Right after Alice, do BOTH sides of the Matterhorn, then on to Tomorrowland. Also don't forget to head up to Toontown early for a trip on Roger Rabbit - the queue almost as good as the ride!

sediment
12-31-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by priyanka59
Now the problem is, does anyone know how I can get my parents to buy Annual Passes? My dad mentioned it and I went ballistic but now they seem to be kind of low key about spending $165 dollars on one, let alone 4 for the whole family. We live about 3-4 hours away and so it isnt that bad. Can anyone give me like any good advantages of buying an AP. I also wanna know about the block out dates (like is most of the summer blocked out) and usually what kind of days are blocked out.

Thanks Everyone!
Couple of ideas:
1. Buy them yourself for the whole family, then charge them $20 for each use. (Might not be feasible.)
2. Start with the SoCal Pass (3-4 hours sounds like "SoCal" to me). Upgrade to the Premium if you really want to go on the busier days. SoCal has 205 open days, Deluxe has 320 open days, Premium has 366(!) days. Sample of SoCal blackout days:
a) June 24 - Aug 20.
b) Every Saturday.
c) Every Monday holiday and its preceding Sunday (except Labor Day).
d) Thanksgiving and day after.
e) April 2 - 17.
f) Fridays between March 19 and June 18.
(This seems just like the revised CM Silver Pass.)
3. The Deluxe pass has blocked: Saturdays March through 8/21; Saturdays and Sundays before holidays; Xmas week; Thanksgiving Th, F, Sa; 7/4;
4. If you need Saturdays, you'll have to get the Premium.

For more info, try here:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/annualPassholder/index?id=AnnualPassholderUngatedContentPage
There's probably a page on MP.