PDA

View Full Version : The Candy Cane schedule is out!

olegc
11-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Disney Parks posted a sweets list - and it included the fresh candy cane schedule
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/holiday-candy-treats-arrive-november-10-at-disneyland-resort/

CariBelle
11-08-2016, 03:39 PM
I might have to stray from my usual apple pie apple for that dark chocolate peppermint apple! Oh my!

chahn
11-15-2016, 10:09 PM
Woohoo! They're making them on my birthday when I'm planning a solo trip to the park.

tea4two
11-26-2016, 10:36 PM
For those who don't make it to the parks early enough to get a wristband, we went to Trolley Treats this afternoon a little after 4pm and saw some candy canes on the upper shelf in the case. We were allowed to buy one each, leaving 3 or 4 in the case. Don't know if DL had the same amount available or more or less. No AP discount on the candy canes.

olegc
11-26-2016, 11:28 PM
We're they really the fresh ones or made elsewhere and wrapped?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tea4two
11-27-2016, 12:12 AM
They were the fresh ones, made earlier in the day. CM said that these were the ones that had not been picked up by the 4pm deadline. Why would you go through the trouble to get a wristband, then not pick up your candy cane? Whatever the reason, there were at least 5 orphans in the case when we got there.

MadasaHatter
11-27-2016, 07:20 AM
A fresh hard candy is rather immaterial. They all taste the same. Do they still make extra in their main kitchen for sale? They used to do that and the best is to buy one and enjoy it while you watch the canes being made. It is truly amazing and should be done at least once.

3Princesses1Prince
11-27-2016, 07:47 AM
A fresh hard candy is rather immaterial. They all taste the same. Do they still make extra in their main kitchen for sale? They used to do that and the best is to buy one and enjoy it while you watch the canes being made. It is truly amazing and should be done at least once.
I think the point is (at least for me: If I'm going to pay that much for a Disneyland candy cane, it better have been made at Disneyland.

tea4two
11-27-2016, 04:23 PM
Fresh made and factory made candy canes actually don't taste the same, depending on the recipe and ingredients used. If the same recipe and ingredients are used, then, yes, they will taste the same, but look different. I knew ours were hand made by the imperfections (which just make them prettier to my eyes). If you ever get the chance to taste Hammond's candy canes, you can taste the difference between hand pulled sugar vs. factory cut candy. Also, the appearance between hand pulled (red and white boiled sugar being pulled and shaped together) vs. factory machine cut and painted stripes is quite striking. Also, if Disney is still making the candy canes by hand off site, other posters have said that the off site canes have different stripes; thus making clear at a glance whether the cane was made on or off site. Agree with 3P1P, the price is not for the taste so much as for the sentimental value of where and how the candy cane was made. I wouldn't go to Walmart to by a large candy cane to give as a gift. But I will give the DLR candy canes as gifts because the recipients will appreciate knowing the origin and story behind the gift.